Chapter 6

I followed the redhead to what appeared to be a park but instead of trees there was a lot and I mean a lot of sand. Anyway, there was a group of kids kicking a ball and people sitting on the benches which I assumed were their parents. The ball got kicked too hard and landed in front of Gaara who picked it up with his right hand and his teddy bear in his left. He looked so shy and adorable. 'Kawai~...Damn mom is rubbing off on me.' "C-can I play with you?" I looked back at what was going on. The atmosphere was awkwardly silent with the parents and children being nervous. "U-um sorry it's getting late I have to go." One of the boys started running away to his parents to leave. One by one the group all said 'me too' or 'I just remembered I had chores to do' and more excuses. 'At least they weren't mean just scared and uncomfortable not that this makes it any better.' The parents and their kids all left which just left me and Gaara alone in the park. His shoulders started shaking and I could hear him crying. "W-why doesn't anyone l-like me a-am I really a m-monster like they say?" His form started to crumple to the ground the ball rolling away as he started sobbing clutching his bear. I couldn't help myself and I started crying and hugging him before I could stop myself remembering his ultimate defense which by the way was an inch from stabbing me in the neck. Gaara yelped and jumped when he felt me hugging him and started hugging me back and crying more. "Hey, it's ok if you want we can stay like this for as long as you need."  We were like this for the next 30 minutes him sobbing and me hugging him. He held me as if his life depended on it. I looked up at the sky. 'I still have time to spare.' After he calmed down some more I decided to get the ball with my shadow. "Hey, you wanna play with me..." "Sabaku Gaara. W-what's your name?" "I'm Nara Shikaki at your service." We played with the ball and talked for two to three hours until the sun was setting. "I have to go...thanks for today Shikaki." "No need to thank me that's what friends are for after all." "F-friends?! Y-you really think of me as your friend?" I wanted to hug him again when I heard how desperate he sounded. "Yes of course we are and if you ever need anything or want to play you can find me at the Starlight Hotel in room 24a and you can ask the Hokage if you can't find me." He looked so happy that I didn't see him as a monster.

The title Jinchuuriki means human sacrifice where a Bijuu is forcefully sealed in an infant or object. These Humans are not the Bijuu sealed inside them they are their own people who have feelings and who desperately crave affection. They are treated as monsters and weapons and I Nara Shikaki am going to help them and prove others wrong. The misconception that the jailer is the prisoner or that the scroll is the kunai sealed within it is wrong and I will show the Elemental Nations and stop the unnecessary suffering of innocents who are marked as monsters who are cursed to death by the people they are protecting and who are just people who need love like anyone else. I will help them even if it kills me I swear this.

That day no one knew that a legend was beginning and that the Elemental Nations will never be the same again. This day is marked in history as the beginning of many events that lead to the start of an era of peace where Bijuu and humans coexist and villages don't kill each other. This day is the day where Shikaki starts his journey which will lead to his untimely end.

My bad that this is short but I may or may not have forgotten about this but I will be doing this from now on so don't worry and I'm so so sorry about how short this was I didn't even make a draft I just typed everything just now.