chapter one ; ivy

wandering is something i do best, which probably isn't my best trait. though it is good sometimes, like finding nice things and meeting great people, though now is definitely not one of those times.

          i wandered onto a seemingly abandoned property, into a spindly yet geometrical maze. the maze was easy enough, until i tripped and fell; into poison ivy. it stung like a bitch, not gonna lie. i stood quickly, trying to rub and scratch away the itchy feeling when giggling could be heard followed by crunching footsteps. my face paled quickly in panic. there were other people here, i was screwed.

i scrambled to my feet like a horse with a broken leg before it was too late. the footsteps had stopped behind me and more giggling could be heard. 

"miles, who's that?" a gentle yet energetic girl's voice questioned.

"i... don't know." a quiet yet secure male's voice responded before approaching me, pulling me to my feet by my shoulder. "who are you?"

"my name is (y/n)... my apologies, i assumed this was an empty property."

"are you alone?"

"i have no one with me here, no."

the boy let out a soft, "hmph." and silently took my hand, dragging me through the twists and turns of the maze without a word. he was.. strange. he didn't speak much, and he had shaggy dark curls framing his pale, freckled face. his sweater was a size too big, and his jeans were loose around the calves.

he arrived at a rather large granite mansion, opening the large wooden doors. he sat me at the table chair with a huff. "poison ivy?" he asked impatiently, to which i respond with a nod. he vanished out of the room, leaving me with the girl. 

"you're pretty." she smiled welcomingly, quite the contrary to her brother.

"awe... thank you-"

"he'll like you eventually. he always warms up to pretty girls." she added as i blushed a rose pink.

"may i ask.. who?" i ask unsurely.

"miles."