chapter two ; ointment

miles had returned a moment later with a small red tote, setting it on the table.

"do you wanna play dolls with me?" the small girl, flora, asked me.

"not yet flora, they need help with their ivy rash." miles said softly before opening the small red case, pulling out a small white toothpaste looking bottle. he popped the cap open, pouring out some of the cream on to a cotton pad. i winced lightly as he smeared it on my arm, biting my lip at the faint sting before flora grabbed my hand.

"you can squeeze my hand if it hurts." she said with a gentle smile, clutching a blonde porcelain doll close to her body.

"thank you love, you're too sweet." i reply with a smiled before wincing again. i could practically feel miles's eyes burning into me silently. it wasn't bad, just.. flustering, considering what flora had said previously.

"miles, quit staring!" flora said with a giggle, smacking his face lightly as his pale cheeks turn pink.

"sorry." he said silently, throwing away the cotton pad and standing up, walking away and down a hall.

"sorry about him, he's usually not so weird." flora said, handing me a doll with almost concerningly similar to myself.

"well, i wouldn't know. now, let's play dolls."