Chapter 5

After walking to the mini park that's fifteen minutes from my house and sitting down for a while, we decide we're bored and walk down to the promenade that's a twenty-five minute walk from where we are.

"It's so beautiful." I say as we stare out at the water.

"Mmm." He says in agreement.

We eventually get hungry and decide to go to a diner that's about twenty minutes from my house. When we get there he orders one coffee, one hot chocolate, some fries and two sandwiches.

As we sit there eating our sandwiches and drinking I ask him, "So what are we doing for the rest of today?"

"We should rent a movie." He says.

"Sure!" I say.

When we finished eating and drinking, Spaulding pays the bill and we leave.

We walk over to the movie renting place that's about 5 minutes closer to my house.

He decides to get some random chick flick and he pays the two dollar fee for it and we walk home.

When we get home we go up to my room to change into something more lounge appropriate.

We close the door to the room and we both search for clothing. I look for a tank top and sweats. The minute I find my favorite sweats, I turn around and Spaulding has already taken off his pants and shirt.

I must have stood there staring at him for a while because he says, "Earth to Brooklyn."

I shake my head and walk into the bathroom appalled by what just happened. I take off my dress and am about to put on my sweats when the bathroom door opens.

"Geeze Spaulding!" I say.

"Sorry..." He pauses after looking at me. "We really need to stop doing this don't we?"

I nod.

He looks me up and down before turning around and closing the door. I hesitate for a minute and take a deep breath in. I open the door, dropping the sweats in my hand and grab his arm.

I don't know what but something else is controlling me. He turns around and looks me in the eyes. "You're-" he starts. But I push him into the bed and take off his shirt.

"Brooklyn?" He asks.

I put my finger to his lips. I lean down towards his face and kiss him. He kisses back. He puts his hands on my waist and pulls me close to him. After a little while he stops and asks, "What are we doing?"

"I-I have no-no idea... I'm... Uh..." I stutter. "Sorry..." I say and walk into the bathroom, close the door, and sit on the toilet. I put my face in my hands and start to cry.

After five minutes or so, Spaulding knocks awaiting a reply. I don't give him one. He opens the door and walks in. He sees me crying and walks over to me. He picks me up and sits me down on his lap as he sits on the toilet.

"Hey." He says sweetly, brushing back my hair from my face. He takes me hands from my face and holds them. Then he takes a tissue from the side of the sink and wipes away my tears. "I'm sorry for the way I reacted." He says.

"It's fine." I say.

"No it's not. I'm really sorry." Silence again. "Hey. Look at me." He pulls my face to look at him. "You know I love you." I say nothing. "You know that. Right?"

I nod.

"Hey guess what."

"What?" I mumble.

"I've been looking for a way to tell you exactly what you had no words for."

"Since when?"

"I don't know. But I've never had the guts to do it." Silence. "Now I do." He says and picks me up like a baby and we walk towards the door. He opens the door with one hand and he carries me to my bed. He places me down gently and gets on my bed. He straddles me on my bed and leans down to kiss me.

He leans down further and we close our eyes. His soft lips touch mine and slowly we are intertwined with our lips, arms, and legs.

After about 15 minutes of kissing, he pulls away. I look up at him.

"A movie?" He asks. I grin.

He walks out of the room and I get into my sweats and tank top.