Chapter Eleven: Sister Sister

"Hey, mom," Whitley sighed. "Where's Waverley?"

Wanda looked up from the stove and said, "She went outside I think. She seems pretty upset. What did you say to her?"

Whitley sighed. "I yelled at her last night. She was questioning me on making dad upset, and I snapped. I need to talk with her. I need to tell her what is going on."

Wanda smiled. "Whit, she is your twin sister. Your best friend. She doesn't hold a grudge too long. She will forget all about it."

"Yeah," Whitley replied grabbing an apple. "I still need to talk to her though. Waverley is my best friend. We are identical twins, and I hurt when she hurts. I can't leave her in the shadows."

"Okay," Wanda shrugged. "Fix this mess between you two. She seemed kinda sluggish this morning. She didn't even talk to Jason when he called. You knew something is up then."

Whitley nodded and headed outside. Waverley was siting on the jungle gym like she always does. Whitley smiled and headed to her.

"Hey, Wave. You have any room for me on that jungle gym?"

Waverley let out a loud sigh. "Why do you want to sit by me? You didn't want me last night."

Whitley closed her eyes. She did upset Waverley last night. She took a seat beside her sister and frowned. "Wave, I am sorry I did that to you. I am just under a lot of stress, and I am going to let you in on my secret. Do you know why dad was upset with me last night?"

Waverley shook her head. "No. I asked but you wouldn't tell me anything. I thought us twins told each other everything. What happened to that, Whit?"

"Right. Well, he was mad at me because I am going to have a baby."

Waverley's eyes grew wide as she looked at Whitley. "A baby? The perfect Whitley is having a baby? Wow. No wonder he was mad. How exactly did he take it. And who is the father? Cooper?"

Whitley nodded. "He was furious! And no. Cooper is not the father. He is going to claim the baby though. I have a feeling the real dad isn't going to take it too well."

"Who is it? Anyone I know?" Waverley asked.

Whitley shook her head. "No. I don't think so. You may have heard of him though. Do you remember when I went to that party with Kara over spring break?"

Waverley nodded. "Yeah. I remember. You chose to hang out with Kara because I went to Destin with Jason and his family. You didn't want to join us."

Whitley nodded. "I didn't want to tag along with you two. You guys are best friends just like Cooper and I are. He's also your boyfriend. I didn't have a boyfriend then. Can you say awkward?" She paused and grabbed Waverley's hand. "At the party, Kara abandoned me. I was cornered by the guitarist in the band. He started off very sweet, but then he got demanding. I gave in out of fear I guess. His name is Dax Slade. I need my sister to help me. You are my best friend, and I need to tell you everything."

"Okay." Waverley smiled. "Just so you know, I wasn't mad last night. I would have forgiven you."

Whitley laughed. Sweet Waverley. Never could hold a grudge.

Waverley pointed towards the back door. "Your boyfriend is here."

"He is. Speaking of boyfriends. Why don't you call yours? You know? Jason? Mom said you wouldn't talk to him this morning. What's up with that?"

Waverley shrugged. "He would have known I was upset. He kinda gets on my nerves when I'm upset. He's so protective. I mean, I love him. I just like my space you know?"

Whitley nodded. "I do know. Cooper is the same way. Call Jason. He is probably having a nervous breakdown by now. He may be on his way over here."

Waverley laughed. "You know. He just might be. I'll call him anyways. Thanks for letting me in, Whit. Your secret is safe with me."