Chapter Thirteen: Daddy-Daughter Time

Whitley was lying in her bed when she heard a knock on the door. She looked and saw her father poke his head around the corner.

"Hey sweetheart. May I come in?" Walter whispered quietly.

Whitley sat up and nodded quickly. "Yeah. Sure. Come sit beside me."

Walter nodded and sat beside her. "I want to apologize to you. I acted like a total jerk when you told me about what happened."

Whitley shook her head. "Daddy. It is okay. I understand that I hurt you. I knew you needed time."

Walter shook his head. "No. It is not okay. We don't have time to be angry with each other. You need me. I know you do. Yeah it hurt me to know my fifteen year old is pregnant, but I also know that you weren't the only one involved. Why blame you when this other guy is walking around out there? Speaking of Dax Slade, does he know?"

Whitley nodded. "Yeah. Cooper and I went over there last night because he was in town. He didn't want the baby." Whitley wiped tears from her eyes. "He told me to have an abortion. When I said no, he did he wanted a paternity test as soon as the baby was born. He wants no part in this baby's life."

Walter wrapped his arms around his daughter and squeezed her shoulders. "It's okay baby. You have your mom and me. We will be here for this. Plus, you have six older brothers and three younger brothers. And two sisters. He can't hurt you again. We won't let him."

Whitley smiled and nodded. "I have Cooper also. He wants this baby. He already claims 'her' as his."

Walter smiled. "Cooper is a great kid. You are lucky to have him. I need to talk with him. I was wrong to accuse him of doing that to you. He asked my permission to date you, and I treated him like dirt three weeks ago." He placed a kiss on her head. "And did you say the baby was a girl? Isn't it too early for that?"

Whitley laughed. "Cooper wants a girl. He said he wants to have two beautiful girls in his life to spoil. And yeah. It is too early. I am only eleven weeks along."

Walter nodded. "I would love to go to the next appointment. I feel left out, you know. Your mom and Waverley have both been. Waverley is only. I have been replaced by your sister?"

"Waverley is my twin dad. I couldn't just leave her out in the shadows. I believe it also helped her out some. I don't think her and Jason will have kids for a while. She said it was just freaky."

Walter shook his head and held up his hands. "Don't even mention her being married. It is still hard picturing you being pregnant." He smiled. "I still have my baby Winter Grace though. She is only four. We have a while to go."

Whitley nodded. "Yeah. A while. Thanks for talking with me daddy. I really do need you, and I had thought you gave up on me. I love you."

"I love you too, princess. I could never give up on you." He stood and grabbed her hand. Pushing her towards the door he smiled. "Breakfast is ready. I told your mom I would only be gone for a minute. Let's go eat."

"Food. Yes. I am seriously loving all this food right now. Is it normal for one to eat this much while pregnant?"