Part I

EXT. SEWER CITY, MAIN STREET - NIGHT

The main street is full of citizens that walk really fast. Their hair is phosphorescent. On the sidewalk, a lot of shops with bright neon lights can be seen.  

Along with the citizens, really fast small lights are moving back and forward. In the front of a shop, INJAE is sitting down on the sidewalk. Unlike the others, his hair isn't phosphorescent, it's actually black and braided.    

The other citizens walk past Injae but don't see him. Some of them simply jump over him.

A citizen stops in front of him. That citizen is SAI, who has white hair but not phosphorescent. Sai crouches next to him and lifts his ragged hat a bit. 

Injae gives him a sudden reaction that scares Sai a bit. 

INJAE

HA!

SAI

(confused) What?

INJAE

....you...actually observed me.. someone observed me...(gets up) AHAHAHAA, SOMEBODY OBSERVED ME!! (laughs hysterically)  

Sai gives him a weird look. 

SAI

Why aren't you walking with them?

INJAE

Psh...what's the point of doing that anyway. They never observe me. Unless I do..something bad.. 

SAI

Something bad?

INJAE

(nods twice) Yeah, I tried to kill myself once. It didn't work, because they O-B-S-E-R-V-E-D ME! Fuck those goddamn sentinels. 

SAI

I might or might've not understood what you've just said. 

INJAE

What's the point of this word, might? It's either black of phosphorescent, man! No in between!

SAI

Right...  

Injae stares at his hair.

INJAE

You're pretty weird.

SAI

And you're saying that because...?

INJAE

Your hair. It's white, but it's not phosphorescent. You must be some sort of special citizen or some shit like that. 

SAI

(laughs) I'm not. 

INJAE

Your hair is a paradox.

SAI

I guess I'm not the only one whose existence is beyond paradoxical in this city, right?

EXT. UNDER THE BRIDGE - NIGHT 

Injae is sitting under the main bridge of the Sewer City. Some fast light leaks pass in front of his face. When the next  group of light leaks come near him, he grabs them with his hands. 

Injae starts playing with them, doing tricks just like a circus performer would do. 

INJAE

Hah. No wonder society is so dumb. Light's so stupid and so easy to manipulate. These mediocre amoebas could only hope of achieving this skill!

Injae stops for a moment.

INJAE

(sighs) Even so, solitude isn't always my friend. But I guess....being sorrounded by stupid people is way worse, right, lighty light? (starts doing tricks with them again)

A woman passes in front of Injae. He observes her, and runs after her holding the light leaks in his hands. He stops in front of her and starts doing the exact same tricks he did earlier. The woman ignores him, like she can't even see him. Injae looks resigned. 

The woman walks away. 

INJAE

(throws the light leaks away) Nevermind. 

INT. OZUMI'S OUTLET SHOP - DAY

Injae and Sai enter the shop. They open the door and a lot of rats that have webcams on their heads crawl at their feet. Sai tries to avoid them, Injae catches a rat instead. 

Injae is holding the rat in his hand and he is examinating it. 

INJAE

Nice souvenir.

SAI

Actually...that's bad luck.

INJAE

(laughs) Trust me, I carry more bad luck than this rodent ever will.

Injae and Sai walk until they arrive at the pay desk of the shop. The shop is filled with outlets and plugs. Some plugs and outlets seem to be made by something that looks like fur. Others look like they were made from organic skin. There also is a plug that has the same texture as a human liver. 

INJAE

Ew. 

SAI

You wanna be observed, right?

Suddenly, a ringing bell can be heard. In front of them appears OZUMI, the shop's owner. Ozumi is wearing a big rat skin and half of his face is covered with the head of the rat. The rat skin has multicoloured wires and tubes coming from it. 

Ozumi jumps over the pay desk and gets closer to Sai and Injae. Ozumi takes out a piece of rotten cheese from his rat skin's pocket and waves it in front of the two men. That cheese has gears in its holes. 

OZUMI

Problem Sai the what's? 

Injae looks confused at Ozumi and then at Sai. 

SAI

We need a flesh outlet, Ozumi. 

INJAE

Outlet for what?

Sai shows Injae the outlet he has implanted into the back of his neck. 

SAI

But not like this. You need a double one. 

OZUMI

to not I'm that to allowed him do. 

SAI

(confused) Why the fuck not?

OZUMI

Riah to O.S.V.

EXT. OUTSIDE OZUMI'S SHOP - DAY

SAI

Well, you're fucked up big time. 

Injae disregards him and continues playing with the rat. 

INJAE

Who was that guy, anyway?

SAI

That's the King of the Rats, Ozumi. It's said that his brain has been eated by rodents while he was sleeping. 

Injae presses the rat's nose causing it to explode and to spread its organs all over Injae. 

INJAE

(shrugs) Well, it's been a long time since I had my last meal anyway.