CHAPTER 7 - GET THE PARTY STARTED

Disclaimer: I don't own Gilmore Girls. If I did, believe me, it would have turned out quite differently.

A/N: Hi guys! Another update. I would like to announce that I am considering stopping updating this story here on Wattpad. I'm getting very little interaction from readers on this platform and I feel like almost no one is reading the story. It's almost like the effort to update two websites is not worth it.

You can continue reading the next chapters at fanfiction.net/s/13391905/1/Taking-a-Shot.

Thank you!

CHAPTER 7 – GET THE PARTY STARTED

"He'll be getting home any minute now."

The party planner looked at her and paced around the room taking care of the last details.

Rory's lazy lungs could no longer handle blowing up the balloons as Logan tied the necks with a thread to a stick. "Sometimes I feel Chloe and Paris would be great friends."

"I don't know..." Logan shrugged. "Chloe is nice".

Rory rose her brows. "I think someone has a crush on Chloe."

"No, I don't." Logan said with a tight smile, as if wasn't a big deal. But it was a big deal, to her anyway. "So why are you siding with her on this?"

"When you work in this business, you have to be a little aggressive. Chloe is nice and passionate about what she does."

"Paris is passionate and you don't like her."

"Your roommate made me take your trash out and called me a dickhead last weekend."

"She's mean to everybody don't be flattered, but it doesn't mean she isn't passionate about stuff she cares about."

Maybe she had a point. But Logan let it slide because it wasn't worth the discussion anyway. They were almost finishing the decoration as he watched Rory's eyes still lingering on Chloe. "What?"

Rory suddenly was out of her reveries as if someone had snapped the fingers next to her ears. "Nothing... It's just... Jess really likes her."

Logan motioned his eyes to the girl they have been talking about. "I like her too."

Rory nodded silently and Logan noticed that wasn't the answer she was looking for. He needed another heartbeat or two to figure out the sort of answer she did want. "Is that a problem?"

She had to think before answering that one.

Chloe was Jess's assistant at the publishing house he was working. Over the last few months, they have gotten very close and Jess credited much of his accomplishments to her work.

Ever since Mitchum Huntzberger acquired the publisher, Logan had bond with his father's new employees.

The three of them could spend hours talking about books and stories they knew about. Logan's adventures even served as inspiration for new tales.

If only Logan had the dedication and commitment to write, instead of abusing parties, among other things that held back his potential, they would make a great team.

Rory, on the other hand, had only seen her a couple of times, but she was struck by the way she was always dedicated to helping Jess. A little too much, maybe.

Not that she didn't like Chloe — The girl was smart and even sweet, she admitted. But sometimes she missed having Jess's attention. She felt like his new life didn't have much room for her in it. And she really needed her friend.