Chapter 18 - Get the Picture

Disclaimer: I don't own Gilmore Girls. If I did, believe me, it would have turned ou quite differently.

A/N: I told you guys I would update the story again. I'm so happy that there are still people reading this and that I also have new readers. We write for you, thank you for sharing your opinions and kind messages. I wrote this entire chapter from Logan's point of view because I know it's a fan favorite in here. I think we're finally getting there.

Please, review.

CHAPTER 18 - GET THE PICTURE

Two months later, Logan was wondering when Rory would ask him to get together again.

Since their last night, they'd only done it once — four and a half weeks ago.

Yes, he was counting. He still didn't know what had prompted it, but she'd knocked on his door at about two o'clock in the morning one night and had gotten half a stilted question out before he'd dragged her into his room, into his bed.

He'd known she was likely to withdraw when the sun came up, so he'd made it last as long as he could handle.

The memory of that night — of all the nights he'd spent with Rory — still came to him far too often. It was not like he was moving on.

He understood why she was being careful, but she wasn't dating anyone else. She didn't really seem to be trying to find a relationship as far as he could tell since she hadn't had a date in the past weeks. He didn't understand why they couldn't keep doing that.

It wouldn't be the end of the world if she treated him like a boyfriend. He liked hanging out with her. He liked talking to her. He liked doing things with her.

They were two reasonable adults, and they could handle any awkward consequences that might come up.

He didn't like the distance he could feel between him and her.

He'd never gone after a woman when both he and she hadn't been equally into it, and he wasn't going to start now, just because he was in this weird emotional prison shaped and controlled by Rory.

Soon she would look for him again.

Surely she would.

Please God, he hoped she would.

Rory had a date.

With Hal — whom Logan had thought was out of her life for good.

But somehow the guy had weaseled his way back in, and Rory was letting him do it.

She mentioned the date as she ate her cereal in the morning as if it were no big deal.

Logan hadn't been expecting it, and he'd asked a bunch of questions about how and why this date had developed. He'd kept asking until Steph had finally told him to get a grip and leave Rory alone. It was just a freaking date.

Steph was right, and he hated that. Rory had every right to go out with anyone she wanted.

But Logan hated the idea.

He hated the idea so much he brooded about it all day.

He'd been hoping she might decide to fool around with him again soon, but clearly her thoughts were drifting in another direction.

Hal's direction — with his way too-long shaggy hair and his hipster glasses and his obvious adoration of her.

He stayed at the gym for almost three hours that day, trying to work off his angst and get his head on straight again.