TWO

Women's Power
2. The Wedding Feast & Bedding Ceremony

 The Wedding Feast & Bedding Ceremony

✧・゚:*───────✧・゚: *

Caterina de Medici

WEDDING FEASTS IN Cyandare differ greatly from the ones in Florence. Here, everything is more radiant. The dances were very different, and the music was more vibrant than the music I had heard in Florence.

I would have to say Cyandare is more high-spirited than Florence, and that is a surprise. I guess that is something I will have to get used to them as well. The challenges I will face in this foreign country will put me through the turbulence of a lifetime.

Watching the people on the court, I circle my fingers around the rim of my mazer of wine, getting lost in my mind. King Edward saying my name pulled me from my thoughts, and I turned to him saying, "Yes, I'm sorry, your majesty, I wasn't paying attention. What was it you said?"

"Would you like to dance?" King Edward asked.

"I cannot; I do not know any Cyandarian dances," I said, and he just chuckled. "What is so funny, your majesty?" I asked him, very confused why he was laughing.

"Nothing, it's just you will have to learn the music and dances of Cyandare as well," King Edward replied.

"Of course, I will," I sigh and take a big gulp of my wine. King Edward gets up from his seat and walks over to a lady of the court, beginning to spark a conversation with the women. I roll my eyes as King Edward grabs her hand, kissing the back of it. It may seem that King Edward has the appetite of his father for the company of women.

Another song plays, and King Edward dances with the women. Everyone in the court seemed so joyful and having so much fun while I was soaking in my sorrow. So, I soaked in my sorrows away from the prying eyes away from the court.

I rose from the small throne that stood firm next to the void one, which reflected into my dim eyes, shining a hole into my heart. I leave the room with the court curtsying to me as I walk, and I suck in my pride, not showing any emotions. It is better to be emotionless in front of a crowd of people than to break down screaming in pain from the inside.

I started wandering the halls of the palace, looking at all the beautiful paintings. There was very little light in the castle halls, so I had to guide myself through the enormous palace with blind eyes. So instead of losing myself in the darkness, I take a lit candle from the wall, forming light around me as I walk.

As I was walking, I came across these paintings hanging on the wall of this long hallway. These paintings were magnificent, and the way the moonlight danced around them entangled my eyes with their beauty. I was so memorized by the paintings that I drowned out the sounds of the palace court festivities.