High School Reunion (Part 1)

Biting my lip softly, I lean against my car looking at my old high school. I never thought that I'd come here again.

In the morning, I got into my car with the full intention of going to work, only to find out that my hands on the steering wheel had a mind of their own. Hence, why I'm here. I must've told myself a hundred times that I wasn't going to turn up to the reunion. My fiancé, who came with me, probably knew I was going to drive here anyway, before I knew so myself.

But here I am.

It's been 10 years since I've seen them, and I'm not anymore enthusiastic about being here. I don't think I can face him again.

He was my high school crush. Caspian.

We had a complicated relationship. Officially, we weren't together. He had a girlfriend and I respected that (with a grudge - she was a complete bitch). But whenever he saw me with other guys, he got jealous, and he always tried to talk to me after lessons and invite me to parties, when he should've been inviting his girlfriend. We'd pass notes in class and he would always flirt with me. Everyone wanted us to be together. Heck, his girlfriend probably shipped us.

I remember him dumping his girlfriend before prom, and I thought maybe this is a sign that he likes me? We hung out more and more often and one day he nearly kissed me. I was so happy. But it doesn't matter, because I waited and waited but he didn't ask me out.

He never did. I ended up going to prom with my friends and watching them have the time of their lives.

I talked a bit to Adrian, one of my friends, who came alone. He made me laugh at least, even though he was always flirting with me.

I remember thinking that Caspian looked angry that I was talking to Adrian, and then wondering if someone spiked the punch. Why would he even care? I must've been seeing things.

My fiancé, Dante pulls me out of my thought spiral. "Hey babe, are you okay?" He asks me, his voice slightly husky with a hint of an Italian accent. I nod, looking over my shoulder so I can see him. He looks like a Greek God, with dark hair, sharp features and tanned skin (not to mention his body - the perfect balance of lean and muscular). In his cotton white button-down shirt with his sleeves rolled up, you can see his defined muscles and-

I think I'm drooling.

I don't know how I ever managed to find someone like him.

I remember that he asked me a question and try to tear my eyes off his body. What was it again?

"Oh, um, I'm fine. Thanks." I say awkwardly, my cheeks reddening. He caught me staring.

Smirking, he stares at me. Confidently, he walks over to me and leans against me slightly, one hand against the car. "Save the staring for after the reunion." He whispers into my ear, I feel shivers tingle down my spine. "I want to be able to control myself."

I bite my lip at the thought of what could happen if he lost control. Then, I try to clear my mind of the thoughts. Where's the holy water when you need it?

Dante steps back, smirking when he sees how he affected me. My knees are weak and I'm flustered with rosy cheeks.

"Let's go?" I offer, embarrassed. Dante nods, and we walk together hand in hand. At the reception we sign in, and I see a few familiar faces.