Chapter 1 - I'm Alive

"Eri...Erikah Mikaelson....what..how?" Damon Salvatore was at a lost for words. "Is Ashton Kutcher hiding in a bush someone?" He added on taking a look around.

"Oh, Damon. I can assured you that you aren't on Punk'D." I giggled as I took a step towards the porch.  "Long time no see, how have you been?"

"8 years, Erikah. I would say it's been a long time. We buried you. Me and your brothers, we place your body in a coffin and buried you." Damon told me as his voiced grew louder. I could see the confusion and hurt dance across his face.

"I know. I died, I understand...."I began

"No, you don't understand!" Damon interrupted me.
I could see the hurt and I knew he was thinking about his brother and Elena. He had lost a lot the last few years. "How are you here, Erikah?"

"Long story, but I do want to apologize. I know I shouldn't have sacrificed myself but I truly believed it was the only way to stop Dahlia." I explained to him. His voice soften as he thought about what I said.

"It just hard to believe you are actually standing in front of me" he told me as he gave me a heartwarming smile and stepped closer. He reached his hand up and brushed my hair back, my skinned tingled as his fingertips grazed my cheek. It felted like my heart was going to pound right out my chest. Confusion flashed across Damon's face again as he pulled back his hand holding a piece of grass between his fingers.

"Must have gotten stuck when I was on the other side" I told him and shrugged.

He shook his head as he stated "the other side doesn't exist anymore"

"We have a lot to talk about, Damon" I told him as I heard a low grumbling noise and I felt a hint of pain flash across my stomach. Damon head snapped towards my stomach.

"Hunger...? Erikah, you're human?" He asked as his eyes danced back up to my face.

Human, that word was a strange concept to think about when I thought of myself. I'm human, hence the tingles I felt when Damon touched me or why I didn't realize I couldn't hear as well as I normally do. It also explain my new need for regular food, again.

"It's been almost 1000 years since I was human" I responded to Damon. My stomach gave another low grumble in response.

"Come, lets get you some food," Damon smiled towards me.

"Maybe a shower first, then food...?" I asked as I looked down at my clothes and notice there was dirt on my shirt. I also thought about the piece of grass Damon got from my hair.

"Sure, you can take a shower here" Damon offered gesturing inside.

"I do have a problem, though" I told him as I glanced down at my clothes

"Coming back to life didn't give you a great wardrobe?" He chuckled. "I have some clothes packed away that you can borrow." He smiled seemed faltered a bit when he offered me some clothes.

"Can you believe in the afterlife that there are no malls?" I laughed in response.

"What! No! Really? I don't believe you. No malls!?" His banter making laugh more; and with those words he grabbed my hand, making my heart flutter, and lead me into the house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stepped out of the nice, hot shower feeling refreshed. I wrapped the towel around me as I heard a knock on the bathroom door. I slowly pulled  my towel tighter and opened the door to see another familiar face.

"Caroline...right?" I asked as the blonde stood there with a frown.

"Here you go," She stated as she held her hands out to me. In her hands were a pile of clothes, all neatly folded.

"Thank you, " I told her, taking the clothes from her. She crossed her arms and stared at me.

"Can I help you?" I asked seeing that she obviously wanted to discuss something.

"Damon has had a rough couple of years, I don't know you that well but I know that your death did start this moody depressive state which only increased with Stefan and Elena being gone. Don't hurt him." She simply stated before turning around and walking down the stairs.

I shut the door and quickly got dressed as my stomach started growling loudly. The clothes that Caroline brought me was a pair of jeans and a nice sweater. I ran my hand through my hair and ran down the stairs to find Damon standing there talking to Caroline.

"Are you ready? I'm taking you to one of Mystic Falls best mediocre resturants ; The Mystic Grill" Damon said motioning to the front door of the house.

The house that we were in was the standard family home. 3 bedrooms, big living room, open concept, it was very generic.

The drive to the Mystic Grill was a short 5 minutes in Damon's black camaro. Something I didn't get to see when were in New Orleans thanks to witch magic being a faster way to travel.

"Classic car, very nice" I told him as we both got out of his car.

"It's my baby." He replied with a smirk. I looked up and saw that The Mystic Grill was a small, quaint bar and grill located right near the town center.

"Trust me, Damon, I understand. I remember when cars were first invented and sold. Back then it was different, cars were a little more touchy so no body was going to drive my car." I told him as he lead me through the front door of the restaurant.