Bloody Roses [EN]

[This is the english version, good reading!]

London, October 15, 1888

On this mild early autumn morning, the sun was beginning to rise in the grey sky. The clouds of smoke produced by the many factories reigned over London's East End on a quiet morning in the Whitechapel district.

Loosely, I got out of bed, put on my slippers and walked outside my cramped apartment. My eyes landed automatically on my doormat, the London daily newspaper was there. I leaned over and picked him up while sighing. I went back inside while letting my eyes wander on the cover of the newspaper. I could read the headline, "Whitechapel's Murderer Strikes Again." Suddenly, I had the irresistible desire to discover the rest of this article.

_________________________

Whitechapel's murderer strikes again

Another sea of blood

For the past four months, the number of victims has been on the rise in London's East End. Indeed, blood has been pouring back into the streets of whitechapel district in recent times. Two other women were found murdered on September 30. It is said that the double murder was only 15 minutes apart between them, but that the crime scenes were almost similar to the other two.

Hidden messages?

Let's not forget that a few days before, the Central News of London received a mysterious letter named "Dear Boss" dated the 25th and signed by the killer himself, Jack the Ripper. In it, he described, with the blood of his victims, the next parcel he would send them. Subsequently, the day after the double murder, which was October 1, Central again received, but this time, a postcard called "Saucy Jack" in which he openly mocked the work of the police about the ongoing investigation.

"From Hell"

Today, the police inform us that a second letter has been sent by the killer, but more specifically to the president of whitechapel Vigilance Committee, a citizen organization involved in efforts to finally identify the real name of the Ripper Whitechapel.

The current investigation

Instead, police said several suspects were reportedly arrested and questioned about the suspicious series of murders. Due to a cruel lack of evidence, all the suspects have been released and the murderer is still on the streets of the infamous district. The investigation is still ongoing!

Will we eventually find the true identity of Jack the Ripper one day or will he continue to kill more and more women? Only the future will tell us?!

_________________________

Following this good reading, I closed the newspaper and raised my head while smiling cheerfully. They were simply unable to find the troublemaker, IMPOSSIBLE! What a bunch of incompetents! All these beautiful women have been brutally killed and they find nothing that can soothe their wandering souls. It's very sad, but I don't care... Life will quietly follow its course and mine will follow too its course.

I got up from my rustic chair made of dry old wood and then headed for the small piece of furniture that adorned in the simplistic living room of my narrow apartment. This piece of furniture was just a large stool on which a vase had been placed and in this vase there were four pretty white roses. They were somewhat dyed red, dyed with the blood of four women found dead in my district.

My smile widens even more than it was, just to make room for a carnivorous smile, my smile. I looked up at the mirror in front of me and watched my reflection. London will never find me, the legend of Jack the Ripper will continue to permeate people's heads all over the world.

I'll be eternal!
I'll be forever
the famous serial killer
England,
the charismatic
Jack!

~Timix~
621 words