i been tryna call

hi! welcome to my new skephalo story!! i've been super excited to write and publish this and i'm really proud of what i've come up with so far so i hope anyone who reads this enjoys it just as much as claustrophobic.

i wrote a few chapters already so if you like it so far please favorite or comment so i know to continue :)

the titles and chapters to this story are based off lines of blinding lights by the weeknd, that song really inspired me so yeah! <3

•••

Darryl

Darryl marked off the thirty-first day of the month with a big red "X" before ripping the entire month of January off of his calendar.

In just a few days, on the third of February, it would be the three month anniversary of the day Zak, his best friend and roommate, disappeared without a trace.

He tosses the crumpled paper aside, letting it fall into the giant mess that Darryl called his bedroom. It blended in quickly with all the other pieces of trash covering the floor, so Darryl disregarded it, stepping away towards his unmade bed.

Flopping onto it face-first, Darryl ignores the notification pinging at his computer. Someone wanted to talk to him, but he usually ignores his computer anyways, he just wasn't in the mood.

Darryl was never in the mood. He never wanted to talk to anyone. Not since Zak left.

Slowly lifting his face from his pillow, the soft light now emitting from his cell phone drew Darryl's attention as the pinging across the room seemingly increased. It was a text message from his friend Vincent, who lives in France.

Vincent never texts me; it's too expensive for him. This must be important.

Vincent
Hey. Check Twitter. I need you to see if something is legit for me.

Darryl
What is it?
READ  12:03 AM

A tight and uncomfortable feeling began to form in the pit of Darryl's stomach as he pushed himself off his bed and made his way over to his computer.

That's why it's currently going crazy. Something had happened on Twitter.

The notifications wouldn't stop, and his entire monitor kept freezing as Darryl attempted to open a new tab for Twitter. Darryl was unable to see anything as his hard drive decided to finally crash, casting a deep blue shadow all around his room.

Whatever Vincent wants me to see, I guess it'll have to wait until tomorrow. I'm too tired to fix this now.

Darryl climbs back into bed, attempting to recreate the position he had been laying in before. He inevitably fails, and is left tossing and turning for what feels like a good half hour- before his body finally gives up.

As soon as he's about to fall asleep, vibrating from his phone forces Darryl to open his eyes, swipe up, and click on the icon that reads 'Do Not Disturb,' well aware that he was completely shutting out Vincent. But Darryl doesn't care about that. He doesn't care about anything.

Tonight, however, when Darryl expected to cry like he usually did before he fell asleep, nothing came out. He really put forth an effort to cry; even making a stupid-looking pouty face to try to force the tears out, but it didn't work. Darryl wants to believe that it's because he's less upset about Zak's disappearance, but he knows the truth.