January Doesn't Exist And I Miss Google Plus

February 3rd, 2020
     I'm gonna be real with you chiefs, I forgot Wattpad existed for a month. This file also duplicated itself between the finished and unfinished version without my knowledge, and I deleted the finished one by accident. I'm going to have to rewrite this whole thing, which is fine. It's fine. I'm fine.

Never Ending Story
     Don't worry, it's just a song title, not a reflection on what the book is. I think it's fun and quirky, titling the sections after songs, but an analysis on what I find endearing isn't what you're here for.
     Chapter 4 of "Quests For The Olympians (working title)" is told from the perspective of 12-year-old Nick Wills. The funky thing is, I don't think that that last name is going to last. You see, when I was younger, Google Plus was still around. God I miss it. We never fully discussed it here, especially because it shut down on April 2nd, 2019, which took place before the revamp of this series, so I'm going to go off on a little tangent about Google Plus real quick.
The Google Plus Tangent/Tribute
     This damn app was my childhood. I met a lot of good friends on the Percy Jackson communities of this blog site, and- hold on.
    On G+, there were these things called communities, which were user-created areas where people who were fans of the topic could join together. I joined about two or three Percy Jackson related ones, and role-playing was this huge thing. You'd make up a character or maybe a few, and write as them and create stories with other users, which is incidentally how the book I'm giving you updates on came to be. Xanya's character is based on someone's original character named Xanya Blood, and Alexander is based on someone's character named Alexander Flare (or at least that's what I think the character's name was). This was a long time ago, but the story's really stuck with me, and to be here, maybe 5-7 years later, finally with a plan with how to write it is brilliant. I also made great friends, one of them I'm still in moderate communication with. I've lost touch with some of them, mostly because of people growing up, but I'm glad to still be in touch with this one, despite the lack of conversation that happens sometimes. G+ really is where my love of certain books developed or started, and was my first form of social media. I'm still upset over it's shut down, or rather, shut down of personal accounts on the app. It's still available for work and school communication, but not for letting people meet other cool people, which is a solid bummer.
     Also, before the app ended, a bunch of communities scrambled to get their users to move to other apps and keep the flame going, but I, uh, didn't do that, but kind of want to now, so if anyone knows where the Camp Half-Blood community went, that'd be great.
     Anyway, back to the story stuff.
End of Tangent
     Nick and Jack's last name were derived from the book Wonder, based on the character Jack Will's name and nothing else. I feel kinda weird about that name (and also about accidentally leaving my copy of Wonder in my 3rd grade teacher's room and never having the ability to get it back), but I'll figure that out when I feel like getting to it.
     One of the challenges when it comes to writing Nick is that he's 12, which becomes farther away from my current age as the years pass, because time. I am severely out of touch with my 12-year-old self. In fact, I think I blanked out for most of the seventh grade.
     Anyway the chapter is halfway finished, then it'll go through the usual revising and editing. I'm also gonna edit and revise the other chapters while I can. Did you know that rewriting a chapter, no matter how small the change, will remove comments, so, wack.

That's Life
     I had a whole thing here the first time I wrote this, so let me see what I can remember.
     I didn't write something the entire month of January because... I forgot Wattpad existed. What was I doing instead of Wattpad? Got a comic finished, I found my layout for the story, I got less sleep than I normally do, I got nostalgic over goddamn Tik Tok, and that's it.

     Well, that's the wrap-up for January. I had this whole rant about the weirdness of the stories included in Wattpad updates, but it doesn't need to be included. You have been spared. Have a great February y'all, see you next time!