So The Apocalypse Is Dope

May 2nd, 2020
     HOW THE HELL IS IT MAY? April took so LONG, but when it passed, it just... VANISHED? I told myself that I could put off writing the next installment because April was never gonna end, and then it DID. Alright, let's talk about the book stuff.

Hocus Pocus
     So, what's up with the Quest? Great question, Darla. So, I decided to put some research into Greek Mythology to flesh out my ideas a little more.
     I don't know why, but I remember this thing about the River Styx, where it could kill you in a pretty unique manner. This is prevalent in the Last Olympian, where if Percy didn't hold on to his humanity, the river would sweep his soul into the tides, dooming him to be stuck between life and death. Not allowed to be on Earth, but trapped outside the Underworld. Stuck in Limbo, if you will. I was sure I read something like that somewhere, so I put some reading into it. Unfortunately, it was all the same stuff about Achilles getting his dumbass dumped in the river and how Styx means "hate". Nevertheless, I think it's a mega awesome concept, which is why I put in my book. Now because the two of the main characters are children of Hades (and there's a reason why, I didn't just forget about the oath, don't worry about it) they have some sort of control over the dominions of Hades, and that's why they can slip into Limbo.
     I'm putting this here because people sometimes want world-building a bunch, but if there's no neat way to put it in the story, it gets all clunky and stuff, so I thought I'd explain it "off-screen", for lack of a better term. I'll try to fit it in, but eh.
     Also, I've been writing as much as I can between my school assignments. Speaking of school, time to talk about what's going on with me.

Scream
     IT'S BEEN 7 WEEKS OF QUARANTINE. THAT IS ALMOST 2 MONTHS TRAPPED INDOORS. You know, in the uhh, February update (?), I thought to myself, "hey, there's that whole coronavirus thing people are talking about, but it'll probably blow over like other new viruses." I was wrong.
     If I had a better school, I could definitely make it through remote learning. Online classes seem pretty alright, but just, no one prepared for this. Teachers are putting work they meant to teach in person online and saying, "Here, have fun. You'll figure it out." Online learning is a COMPLETELY different format and experience than public schools, and people haven't seemed to grasp that yet. I get emails from my Physics teacher that there are assignments but with nothing on Google Classroom for me to see. Its just- GAH, you know?

     Well, that's everything I wanted to say, so I'd like to tell you all to stay safe. Keep your hygiene up with the usual. 1-2 showers a day, brush your teeth in the morning, after you eat, and when you go to bed. Wash your hands after you touch stuff and go outside. Don't be outside unless absolutely necessary, make sure you have masks that cover your mouth and nose, and wear gloves. Keep it clean y'all, see ya at the end of May