Chapter 77

Widget exits the cliff face to a crowd of Browns and Blues that have heard about his ability to walk through solid rock and have come to witness the feat. What they were surprised to see though was the other Browns and especially the Blue-Eyed person that followed him.

Sol approaches the group and smiles at Widget as he waves his hand out over the crowd. "These people have come to see you and pledge their allegiance to your cause. What will you have us do, Teacher?"

He looks out over the crowd to see the look of wonder on their faces. "Ela, the great one from the Book has returned to us. She has shown us the way to the plateau and our destiny above the clouds. We will follow her to our new home that she has prepared for us to enjoy. Unfortunately, not all will be able to follow the Browns, but the ones that can't will still receive the benefits of the knowledge that Ela has shown us since we entered the cliff and traveled up to the plateau above the clouds."

Sol steps up beside Widget. "It's true that all the Browns will be able to enter the promised land that has been set up for us by Ela of the Small-Eyed People. It's also possible for some of the Blue-Eyed who have bodies like Ned the Reader of the Book, and one of the Seven to enter. Is this not true, Teacher?"

He smiles at Sol and his ability to put himself into the center of one of the most important moments in the Luc's history. "Yes, it is true, and I think Ned should tell us what it was like to enter the promised land."

Ned steps up beside the two of them on the small hastily erected makeshift platform. "The air is hard to breathe on the other side of the cliff, and I almost didn't make it at first, but the need to witness the wonders on the plateau made me force myself to endure the ordeal. The effort was worth it though as I marveled at the wonders on the other side, which remind me of magic that our great performers would have us believe, except that this is real. There are holes in the ground that when you step into them, they can take you up or down a great distance smoothly without falling. There are cities with tall towers that rise far into the sky, with enough room to house all the people from our land, it is truly a place of dreams."

Ela had stopped at the lab before exiting with the rest, because the results from the test on Wen's sample should be ready. She smiles as she sees that it has the ingredient that is needed to immunize the babies in the pods.

She now steps through the cliff face to the waiting crowd just as Ned finishes his speech. The crowd goes instantly quiet as they stare at her. Widget steps over to her and leads her to the platform and then to the front edge of the small space. "For those of you who have not seen her yet; I would like to introduce Ela of the Small-Eyed People."

He steps back with the others as Ela sweeps the crowd with her eyes. Then in a loud voice calls out. "Many generations ago, your Ancestors and the Small-Eyed People set in motion a plan to save your people and mine from certain destruction. The canyons of Olympid have been slowly losing their cloud cover and the air is getting thinner, which is perfect for the Browns, but a serious problem for the Blues. I would like all the Blues to think about how little energy they seem to have, when compared to the Browns."

She stops talking and allows this fact to sink in and can see that her words are true as the Blues slowly nod their heads in agreement. "That's why you have used the Browns to do all the heavy work for you, because they can work harder in the thinner air. The Browns will be moving to the plateau, but there is technology that will be made available to the Blues forced to stay in the canyon, so they can do the things they need to do. Now of course the continuation of the Blues will depend on the relationships between the two people. There will need to be a mixing of the two, so everybody in the future can enjoy the benefits of both worlds equally."