One Wish

Winston birthday was a very special day. He loved his birthday. His mother brought a cake in front of him with candles lit on top.

"Make a wish, honey" she kissed his forehead. I wish for a boy to love me, he wished. He wanted to meet a boy. He wanted to find love. He wanted to experience everything.

He blew out the candles and his mom gave him a big hug. Ever since his dad died, his mom was more affectionate to him because she didn't want him to be sad. He wasn't sad though. He always knew his dad was gonna die soon because of his cancer. He learned to expect it at a young age.

His mom sliced the cake and Winston got to pick first. Of course he was picking the biggest piece because strawberry cake was his favorite. He loved it. Him and his dad would eat strawberry cake all the time.

Him and his mom spent the rest of the day watching tv together and eating junk food. He loved his mom because she was so understanding and she was his best friend. He didn't really hang out with people in school. He just had his camera and took pictures for the yearbook.

"I'm tired, mom. I'm gonna go to sleep. Love you" Winston have her a kiss on her forehead.

"Goodnight, love you" she said as she turned to the tv off. He headed upstairs to his room and plopped on the bed. Instantly falling a sleep.

"Wake up, sweetheart. Time to get ready for school" his mom nocked on his door. He groaned and sat up from his bed.

"I'm leaving for work so don't go back to sleep. Love you"

"Okay, bye. Love you" Winston went across the hall to the bathroom and saw his hair was fluffy. He didn't feel like taking a shower today. It's not like he smells. He went down stairs, passing pictures of baby him. His mom was obsessed with family pictures.

He popped grabbed a bowl and spoon. He placed them on the counter. Winston looked in the fridge for milk. He didn't like milk, only with cereal was the exception. He grabbed his favorite cereal and began pouring it into his bowl. He poured some milk and started munching on the cereal. Wait, was cereal counted as soup? He thought. God, he's so stupid in the morning.

He looked at the time and saw school was starting soon. Shit. He put of the stuff he used away and rushed upstairs. He still was in pjs. He grabbed clothes and tossed them on his bed. He ran into the bathroom and brushed his teeth. Winston felt like he was forgetting something. Deodorant, right. He ran into his room and changed into the clothes that he placed on his bed. He spayed deodorant on.

He grabbed his phone and camera. Rushing downstairs, he grabbed his bag and sweater. He locked the door and walked to school. He probably wasn't going to make it on time, but at least he made an effort.

He felt tired already. He was not a morning person. What's the point of mornings?

He made it to school late. He missed first period which was fine because he wasn't a fan of science. He looked at his phone for only a second then he bumped into someone. He looked up and apologized. The boy just shrugged and walked away. Winston saw the boy was wearing a bomber jacket with the school's team on the back.

Winston wondered if he was new. He wouldn't be surprised if he got on the team so fast because he seemed well built.

He continued to walk to class. It was boring because they were learning from yesterday's lesson, but Winston already finished it. He secretly looked threw his phone for the boy he bumped into. Turns out his name is Montgomery or Monty for short.

He was kind of cute, but he seemed straight.