𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒊𝒙

Jackie's mother had never liked Martha

Jackie's mother had never liked Martha. She claimed she was a "worldly girl," and was terrified that her daughter was being influenced.

It was a changing time, mindsets were changing. But through it all, Jackie's mother stayed the same. She was still a good Orthodox woman and she expected no less of her daughter. And so every Sunday Jacquelyn was dragged to church.

Her mother constantly spoke of purity. Of being pure before God, of being pure in intentions, thoughts, and actions. It made her wonder—were Harry's intentions for her pure? Or better yet—we're her own?

To her, every one of their moments felt sacred. But as she stood in church, signing the cross over her heart, looking up towards the heavens...she felt like a sinner.

There was a time when that would have scared her. She would have prayed until she could stand no more. But now... she just wanted to see Harry. She hadn't seen him in days.

Martha had been busy, and going over when she wasn't there would have been suspicious.

She looked forward to moments when she could just close her eyes and picture him, picture his hands holding her and his lips against her ear.

That night, Jackie couldn't sleep. She wanted to ask Harry what he thought of her. That would put her mind at ease. But she couldn't handle the embarrassment of having to ask him.

Her mind turned to the book just beneath her. She slipped out of bed and reached for the small thing. The moon outside her window was so bright and full that she didn't need a lamp to illuminate the words. She began to read.

At first she was confused. The writing style was beautiful, the story so vivid. But it was boring.

She almost stopped reading. Perhaps Harry really was just a boring adult.

But then slowly she realized just what kind of man Harry was... everything but a boring adult.

Perhaps it should have scared her.

Instead it excited her. From now on, her game would have to be different. every anxiety she had previously had in her mind had eased, but with it came more. She wanted to be his lo, his honey and only his. but how?

;;;

Edited

sort of short. but very pivotal. next chapter in his point of view?? very soon...

xkissesx