a witch's magic is as powerful as her mind . . .

| Portland, Oregon

Portland is an amazing place to live in. It has amazing grass fields, small towns here and there to collect business and help, and woods to hide bodies or burn vampires. Klaus breathed in the forestry of the woods he trekked, the fresh dirt under his feet cleaner than ever. 

"I should bring Ivonna here one day. The land's nice and she's always wanted some cottage."

With his arms swinging by his sides, Klaus was pulled from his calm thoughts at the ring of his phone. His stern gaze focused on the caller before answering the call.  

"Portland is fantastic. Once you get over all the whiny music and healthy looking people, it is literally a breeding ground for werewolves—"

"Your father is dead."

Four words Klaus has always wanted to hear stole all words from his mouth. His mind racked for the thoughts, ideas on a grand gesture to say, and quickly did he find his words.

"What did you say to me?"

With the phone pressed to his ear, Stefan looked around the living room, to his comrades of a grand plan for support. Finally, his green eyes dropped to the dead body of Mikael on the carpeted floor. The compelled vampire sat back comfortably a chaise before speaking again.

"Oh, my mistake. Not your actual father and not dead. Mikael. Daggered. What do you want me to do with the body?"

For a long moment Stefan heard nothing on the other side, which gave him room to breath. Then a cropped smile shone on his face. Wherever Klaus was, he asked for the rundown of exactly what happened. Of course Stefan would tell Klaus what happened, from when he met Mikael to his death. What he wouldn't admit were the other measure it took for their plan to work. 

One hour and a half earlier
Mystic Falls | Salvatore Boarding House

Adoration was one of many words Ivy-Rose would use to describe her relationship with her sister. She adored Rebekah, fawned over everything she did, and obsessed over her like a mother when no one remotely close to them acted like the sort. Ivy-Rose stood by her sister through every trial Rebekah went through, from romantic troubles to matching the right petticoat to a gown. 

On the other hand, Rebekah knew her sister was the perfect voice for reason. Now that she was was up and running as usual, she should the vampire's perfectly. In a family ridden of boys, vengeance-thirsty monsters, having the most loveliest sister like Ivy-Rose was the best weapon she could ever have. 

So in times of desperate need, i.e. finding the perfect Homecoming dress and securing the best escort out there, Rebekah turned to the puppy on her hip. 

"Please, Ivy. You have to come with me. It's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and you're just throwing it away!" Blurs of black and blonde rushed through the house. "Plus, you've never been to a Homecoming dance before!"

Since the sun broke the clouds that morning, Rebekah has done everything in her power to drag her sister on the Homecoming train. The whole Boarding House had their share of doors banging, things thrown, and yelling. Like true sisters, it didn't matter if they were alone or had an audience to witness madness arise. 

"Rebekah, you know parties are over—"

"But, look!" 

The hybrid was rooted to her spot when her sister sped in front and planted a hand on her shoulder. The bag was opened for Ivy-Rose to peek at the red dress. Before her Ivy-Rose could say another word, Rebekah pressed a finger to her lips.