you wanted to make him suffer . . .

Mystic Falls | Old Witch House

With careful steps  through the woods, Bonnie darted her eyes around the dead night around her. Her hands stood at the ready, prepared for sudden movements or bristles against dry leaves. When she stepped into a clearing, an old house stood at the center of it. 

"Oh, god . . . "

The wood groaned under her footsteps. It creaked and whined when she shifted her weight. Whichever way she crept over it, more sounds greeted her expected arrival. Whispers of the dead, witches of the the old past, whispered through broken arches and holes in the ceiling. They slithered across her sting with pleads laced with venom. It was if Bonnie wasn't supposed to hear the dead talk to her and call a name, yet she did—she heard the whisper of one name.

"Wake her...Wake Ivonna-Rosalie...Wake her.."

A cold shiver ran down Bonnie's spine. Her heavy steps down the single staircase brought her the basement. The whispered name followed her like a desperate pest. In the cellar, the witch was faced with five coffins. Of the bunch, two were elevated.

Like a cat, she crept across the room to graze her finger over the first coffin. Its dark-oak finish was polished and smooth. It was well taken care of. Along its side, carvings of words she couldn't understand nor decipher played with her mind. It was a spell of old languages past. 

When she reached for the handle, an invisible force weighed the door down. A crease formed between her brows again when she tried to open and failed. Something was blocking her from opening the coffin. Something was hiding whoever lay dead inside. The invisible guided her eyes to the next coffin. Its silver handle and door were easier to open. Inside, Bonnie was shocked to see Klaus daggered, holding the Original witch's necklace.  

Her hands reached for the necklace, ready to feel its jewels, when a hand and arm grabbed her body from behind. This woke the witch up from her dream.

| Mystic Grill

"I feel like I'm going crazy. Like I'm terribly paranoid all the time."

Bristling with anxiety, worry, and all in between, Elena leaned her arms on the table. Bonnie, on the opposite end, took the responsibility of being her friend's therapist. Since the start of her jog to the Grill, Elena could feel cold stares and animosity mock her. She claimed a strange man followed her but he vanished every time she looked over her shoulder. 

As the genius she claimed herself to be, Bonnie credited the odd move to be from Klaus. Besides being the reckless demon he is,  he has every reason to follow her—especially since Elena was the reason his cure fell through. Yet with everything Bonnie knew concerned him going, he hadn't shown his face in a while. 

"You have the right to be. Klaus is still out there and now he knows that you tried to kill him."

Even though Mystic Falls was free from the Mikaelson plague, it only set their group of friends on edge. Yes, the Great Mad was gone, but were they really safe from him? From all of them, even?

"Why hasn't he made a move yet? There has been so sign of him. Nothing. Just my slow spiral into insanity." Elena forced all her worries into one long sigh. 

Bonnie leaned onto the table and joined her friend's sigh. "Join the club. Every time I close my eyes, I keep having nightmares on repeat."

"The same dream?" 

Elena knew her friend's never-ending dream of the five coffins she could never open. She brought up the idea of it being a witch dream and its possible use in the future use. Bonnie had shrugged the hypotheticals off her shoulders. Dismissing the whole idea was better. If nothing reasonable with hard evidence would answer her burning question, it wasn't useful to her.