lapis and peridot X reader

This was requested anonymously.

I honestly love this story so much, I'm kind of tempted to rewrite this into its own book.

This one is going to be really long because a lot of stuff happens and I don't like rushing to the end.

~~~~~~

The sun was setting as you turned to look at the place you spent your summer.

A quaint barn that you found empty, but in good shape. You were really surprised when you had found it all the way out here in beach City.

But now you were returning home to your parents, it seemed like they didn't let you do anything, infact you were supposed to be spending the summer with your boring grandmother in beach city as your parents had ordered.

You had realised pretty soon after arriving at your grandma's that she was getting forgetful and your parents hadn't noticed yet.

You felt really bad about it but you took the chance to have some time to yourself.

Now you were going back to your parents. The boring routine of homeschool, no technology and no friends. Man it sucked. You'd learnt somewhere that you are classified as an adult at 18 and can do whatever you want, and you had just turned 17 at the start of the summer

You finally lost sight of the barn as you saw a truck driving up to it. Good timing, might be the owner coming back after the summer.

You strolled away, ready for another boring year of the same stuff...

~~~~~~~

You were now 17 turning 18 and this would be your last summer before you could finally do whatever you want.

You were currently trying to convince your parents that you should take the bus to beach city.

"Pretty please mom, I want to be independent. I can handle myself."

"No honey, you've never been out of the house by yourself before and you're not ready to just go out there on your own! How many times have I told you that there are bad people out there."

"You always say that, but I've never once seen a person, eating evil candies, or inviting kids to their house to give them bad dinner." You yelled.

"That's because they do stuff worse than that." You dad said coldly from his couch that he's practically fused with.

"Honey." Your mom growled in a warning tone.

"So you lied to me about that too? First you've been telling me since I was a kid that uncle Steve and David are best friends and now this?" You asked.

"Look, I didn't want my sweetie to be exposed to homosexuality at such a young age." She sounded so calm, like she was the best mother ever and knew everything about raising a single child.

Yes, have an only child that you homeschool since birth, raise them on a lifestyle block in the middle of nowhere and never let them outside.

"That's it. I'm leaving." You growled.

"You can't just leave, we are your parents and we have responsibility over you. We can just call the police and file a missing child's report." Your mom snapped.

"Yeah and by the time they find me I'll be 18 and I can do whatever I want." You spat, slamming the door behind you.

You stepped onto the bus you managed to time just right with your exit and immediately felt uncomfortable. You had no clue people even came in such diverse packages. Some even had dark skin! And by golly, every single one had a unique facial structure, unlike all the same perfect proportioned faces in your homeschool human science text books. You never understood why there were always pages missing from them. You'll find out someday you suppose.