Dreaming of Darcy--Prologue

Hello, fellow Wattpadders. I hope that I don't get writer's block again and stop in the middle of this story too. That would be kind of awful, for me and for you. Anyway, I hope you enjoy. Please vote and comment (I really do read all of them!), it is always much appreciated!

So a little background on this story before I begin. The first paragraph of this story is absolutely true of me. However, the rest of the novel is a figment of my imagination. The theory that becomes the basis of this story is entirely made up and holds no truth (as far as I know anyway). You'll know what I am talking about soon enough.

Also, if I reuse any names that were in 'Just My Luck,' they are NOT the same characters, I just happen to like those names. Anyway, enough rambling from me, please enjoy!

~Dreaming of Darcy~

Prologue

-----

For as long as I can remember, Pride and Prejudice has been my favorite novel. The plot, the characters, the writing...everything is wonderful about it. And the most wonderful part of all, I'm sure you can guess, is Mr. Darcy. I imagine him to be tall and formidable, handsome and confident, slightly tanned and dark haired, with the most beautiful eyes imaginable, the list can go on and on. From the moment, I started reading about him, he had captured my heart.

As silly as it sounds, I had read the novel so many times that I soon found myself to be in love with a fictional character. No guy I met in real life could ever compare. The questions constantly plaguing my mind were: where was my Mr. Darcy, and when would I ever find him? I almost wished that I had been born sometime in the 19th century, merely so I could attend the magnificent balls or Almack's every Wednesday and meet the dashing gentlemen that always seemed to appear in Victorian novels.

However, I happen to be a college student stuck in the twenty-first century. Don't get me wrong, I think cell phones and computers are great, probably couldn't live without them, but there is just no romance in the world today. I mean, our equivalent to attending a ball would probably be prom or hitting up the hottest club in town. Totally not romantic. But I am sure that somewhere out there, even in the world we live in, there is someone like Mr. Darcy just waiting to be found.