Chapter 5- Graduation

Anastasia Warner P.O.V

The months flew fast, faster than a train at full speed and a current of water rushing through the stream. Tommorow. Ill be a graduate. Ill make my parents proud. Tommorow, Ill shine like the stars at night and the sun in the early morning.

Valedictorian. Finally, everything I worked hard for paid off. Everything.

4:00 am

I rise up and give my arms and legs a stretch. Wohoo! This is the day. First thing in the morning and Im smiling. I swung my feet to the side and wore my fluffy bunny slippers. I push myself up and now Im standing.

I walk my way towards the balcony of my room, slid the glass pane doors and the cool breeze welcomes my being.

Its definitely the best morning. The sun is now rising and I can see the splashes of yellow and orange from up here. The sun rise, its breathtaking. Utterly beautiful and amazing. I smile to myself when I see a bird pass by. Someday Ill be like that. Free. Someday.

"Honey, get yourself down here. Sam's looking for you. Go to his bedroom right away. He said he has a gift for you."

I stiffen upon hearing his name.

S-sam. No, not this again. No. I fall on my knees and shape myself like a ball. I kept rocking myself back and forth just to stop the tears that's about to burst.

My mind flips to many pages of pictures of him holding me, his lips, his hands. Those hands that slapped me. He threw me to the wall so hard I nearly broke a rib. I remember. He grasps my hair and pulls it hard until he hears me beg. That's what he does to me when I come home late. I was just making a project that day and when I came home. He's blazing angry.

I d-dont know what to do. I was scared and helpless. Then he drag me by the hand,squeezing my wrist far more than I can take it to his bedroom. He puts me to his bed a-and. The unbearable pain of what he does to me, I can still feel it. Every bone in my body shakes and trembles and shatters. Not H-him again.

Before I could stop it, tears started flowing like rivers down my cheek. Im cold and lonely. Im alone. No one to cry onto.

I shut my eyes and feel the shattering of my broken heart. The whispers of my dark mind. I want to scream but I cant. Pain surges in and out of my body. I feel weak. Dead.

What'll he do to me now. I cant. No I cant. I c-cant. I keep thinking of the possibilities. The things he'll do to me again.

Back and forth

Back and forth

I kept rocking myself.

I open my eyelids and struggle to put myself up to sit. Im wobbly and tired. I think I cried myself to sleep. As i always do. I wonder when will my tears run out and when will the broken beats of my heart stop.

I glance at the clock, 4:30 am. Just 30 minutes passed. I let out a sigh. I need to stand up. Maybe he'll be different with me this day. I wish he will. With all my strength, i gather my wits and stood up. I entered my room and take a quick glance of myself in the mirror.

Blotches of red in my pale skin enters my vision. I look awful. Maybe he'll hate me when I looked like this. I walked and opened my door. Butterflies starts to flutter in the pits of my stomach. I make my way to his room and before I could knock. He drags me all the way in. He locked the door behind him and looked at me demonically. I know what's he's about to do. I kept my eyes close, my head down, wishing all of this over. I felt his arms around me and his lips on my bare skin. A tear fell from my eyes.

He never changed. He never will.

9:00 am

I already got myself ready and one last look in the mirror, I admire what I look like. Wearing my silk graduation suit and a new pair of black shoes. My hair has curls on its end and has shades of orange,yellow and whit at the end. Ombre. My stylist suggested it and I loved it. I have light make up on my face, eyeliner, mascara, blush on to have color in my cheeks and lipstick. I hate it. I look like a clown.