Chapter 25

I woke up from the sound of a scream. It's been exactly a week since I've seen jacket boy. I know that I've only seen him once, but I miss him.

Even if he didn't give me a name to miss. I got up and crawled over the piles if blankets to get out. Tripping I fall through the tents openings.

Landing hard on the ground I look around. Seeing nothing out of the ordinary I turn on my stomach. Scrambling to my feet I run towards the source of the screaming.

There, I see one of the girls from camp running towards me. I moved out of her way and towards the direction she came from.

Standing in her abandoned spot I look around. I see a dark figure run amongst the shadows. It was still a little dark, the crack of dawn most Likely.

There with his long hair and tall figure I saw him. The man I haven't seen in four weeks, the man that helped me. "Randy?" I questioned.

He stilled. "Lilac? I've come to see you. It's, important. About Gasper actually" he spoke softly. I nodded my head urging him to go on. "He's been tracked, they know where you are" he continued.

"He needs to leave now. Before it's too late" with his last words he was off. Moving amongst the shadows once again. I stared at the previous spot he was standing.

A few moments later I hear footsteps behind me. "Are you okay?" Rachael asked from behind me. I begin to think about what I should say to her. I can't just tell her the truth, she needs to stay out of my friends and I's loop.

If she doesn't she could get hurt, and if she gets hurt It wouldn't end well. "No..Uh, yeah I'm good. Fine, nothing super top secret that I'm trying to hide here" I reply dumbly.

As if I couldn't make it any more obvious that I was hiding something. Rachael looked at me skeptically. I knew she knew I knew that she was on to my nerves babbling.

She shrugged her shoulders and smiled brightly, covering up her skeptical look. Christian was standing beside her. Now that I think of it. Are they still dating?

Dis-regarding the off topic thought I faked a smile. "Hey Elephant, what's up?" I questioned. "Nothing much sloth, how 'bout you? Anything I should know about?"

He rose an eyebrow as he waited for me to reply. "Psh, no. Just need to go talk to Gasper for a bit. Figure out what we're going to do for food. For us and the people."

He nodded approvingly by my answer, I noticed Rachael staring at me. Even though I didn't do anything I knew she was mad. I furrowed my eyebrows in thought 'What did I do?'

Moving forward I give Christian a big hug "morning Christ, see you later." I tell him walking past him and towards Gasper. "Gasper" I hiss his name.

He turns his head, his face wet and sticky looking. "What happened to you?" I questioned him. He have me the most idiotic crooked smile. 'Such an idiot' I think to myself.

"Come on" I say grabbing his upper arm and dragging him through the bushes. A load of voices entered the atmosphere some saying "Ooh, Gasper's sneaking off with his girlfriend." Others were whistling.

I on the other hand rolled my eyes, as I saw Gasper blush a crimson red. Stopping him on the beach we stayed quiet for a moment. "We're being tracked, uh, you're being tracked." I explain.

"There going to come for you. You need to leave and hide, or I can try to meet up with Randy, maybe then we can figure out how and why there tracking you. You choose" I told him.

He didn't take no time at all to reply "Where and when can we meet Randy?" He asked me. Smiling at him creepily I answer him with a "good choice".

🌏🌎🌍

I sat in the middle of the clearing waiting for Randy. He left a note earlier that I hadn't found until hours later. Sitting cross-legged I play with the dirt.

The wind whistled threw the trees. I my eyes remained on the grass, until I heard the sound of foot steps. Looking up I see Randy. sighing in relief I stand to my feet.

Walking towards him I greet him with a large hug. Pulling back I stare at him for a moment "I'm so glad you can help. Gasper is hiding over there in the bushes. I placed him there just in case.

Do you think you can help him now?" I spoke quickly. I knew he heard me, as he begins to walk towards the bushes. "I can help.." He starts "but I'm going to need him for a few days. It's not just going to take a few hours. It will take time."

He pulled Gasper from the bushes. Leading him out of the bushes he stands him in the middle of the opening. "What will I tell my friends?" I questioned uncertain.

"Tell them he was on a food hunt, that he wanted you to be safe rather than sorry. Tell them that he's ready to stand up for himself rather than be a coward and stand back" he replies.

I nodded walking over to Gasper. "Hey Gasp, I'll see you in a few days, okay?" I tell him hardly. Hugging him for a long moment I finally let go. Backing up a bit I turn my back towards Randy and Gasper.

I sadly walk away from the opening and down the path I came from. Once I was out of there sight I quickly ran for the bushes. I've been through enough trouble these past few days than I've ever been in my life.

I mean every single word when I say. I want My Christian back, and I want him back now. He's my serenity when Gasper is gone. I need him now. And he needs to know the real truth.

About Randy and Jacket boy, and about Gasper and the people who are tracking him. He's the only one I can trust. Then again, he's the only one I can't.

A/N: