Chapter 3

The next day came around, Cesar, Monse, and Elizabeth were walking to school. The three were talking when Jamal and Ruby rode past them with their bikes.

"Get out the way," Ruby called out as Jamal imitated a care engine.

Elizabeth chuckled, but gagges when Cesar kissed Monse, "I love y'all, but don't do that in front of me,"

"Eli, shut up," Cesar rolled his eyes, "you and my brother probably do that when you're alone,"

"What the hell are you talking about?" Elizabeth looked at him confused.

"Nothing," Cesar shrugged as the three continued on their way to school.

Elizabeth was in class with Ruby and Olivia when the intercom came on with the announcements, "Attention, students. One last reminder to buy your tickets to tonight's homecoming dance. A magical night of wonder, excitement, and romance can be yours for only $10.99,"

"So..." Ruby trailed off, "you going?"

"Yeah," Olivia smiled, "Do you..."

"Do you..." Ruby started at the same time as Olivia, "you go first,"

"Do you need any underwear?" Elizabeth started laughing at the turn of events.

"What?" Ruby asked, horrified.

" Your mom's at Costco," Olivia explained.

"Um..." Ruby turned to look straight, "I'm good,"

"Ok," Olivia turned back to her phone, "also, they ran out of your gummy vitamins so your mom got you small easy to swallow pills. That cool?"

Ruby hummed in embarrassment while Elizabeth couldn't breathe and began weezing at the turn of events. She had to contain herself when Ruby turned and glared at her so she looked down and took out her notebook with her lips sealed, but still let out a few laughs. The teacher arrived inside the class and began the lesson so Elizabeth listened and took notes as her eyes drifted towards the clock to see how long left until class is over.

Lunch came around and Elizabeth was the first one to get to the table with her food, she sat with her food in front of her and a book. A few pages turned and a couple bites into her food, the group finally came to the table so she put away her book and looked to the group, but an awkward pause passed.

"I'm wearing indigo tonight," Ruby interrupted the silence, "I thought we should claim colors to avoid outfit clases. Indigo? Any objections?"

"Nah, Ruby. All you, man," Elizabeth chuckled.

"Oh, and my pants have red pockets. I know, it sounds weird, but it works," Ruby continued.

"What are the pockets for?" Olivia asked before she leaned towards Monse, "Roofies?"

The boys and Elizabeth looked at them weird, "so what time should we meet?" Cesar asked the group.

"Yeah, let's get that in the books. More specific, the better," Jamal said, "what are you guys thinking, like 8? 8:05? 8:10?"

"I'm gonna play it by ear," Olivia replied, "I don't think I'm feeling it,"

"What? Why?" Ruby asked.

"Not sure I'm in the mood to be objectified," Olivia smiled sarcastically, "if I want to see boners, I'll look online,"

 "Didn't you hear Principle Serge? Dance is a no-bone zone," Jamal brought up the announcement.

"Are you kidding me? Dances are cesspools of bad behavior," Cesar shook his head at Monse's strategy, "I don't wanna go,"

"Yeah, people get freaky, but what's wrong with that?" Ruby shrugged, "I don't get it,"