6: Aaliyah

Daddy: Aaliyah!
Me: Yes daddy?
Daddy: Just what the hell is going on here?!
Mom: Corey, honey. Calm down. Remember why we're here!
Daddy: Damn that, Tasha! Aaliyah, tell me I didn't see what I thought I saw.
Me: Daddy...
Daddy: Andreyuh?!

I guess he didn't know it was her at first. His eyes got SUPER big and then he facepalmed. Jesus, this is about to get so bad.

Me: Daddy, me and Drey are...
Drey: We are lesbian.
Daddy: Aaliyah, I didn't raise you like that and Andreyuh, I know Andre and Victoria didn't either!
Me: It's not about how you raised me, daddy. I am what I am. You haven't even asked how I'm doing.
Daddy: I wasn't expecting to pull up and see my daughter kissing another girl, less known a child I basically helped raise.
Me: Daddy, we have been together since high school and we love each other.
Daddy: I don't want to hear this.
Me: It's the truth.
Daddy: I need a minute.
Mom: Corey!

My daddy stormed outside, slamming my door on his way out.

Me: Mama, I'm sorry. I never meant to disappoint you and daddy.
Mom: Listen, baby. I knew.
Me: What?
Mom: I knew years ago. But it wasn't my truth to tell. Y'all were way too close. It was obvious. I guess maybe not to him. But I need you to know that I love you and I want you to be happy...whatever that means. I support you and I love you.
Me: You do?
Mom: Of course I do!

I hugged my mama like I'd never hugged her before. I bawled into her chest. I never thought I'd hear those words. She kissed my forehead and rubbed my back. "Come here, Andreyuh." Drey walked over to us. Mama pulled her in too. "I love you too, baby. It's okay." She hugged us for what seemed like forever before letting us go and leaving us to talk while she went outside to talk to my dad.

"Well...I didn't expect that," I said semi relieved after my mom closed the front door. Drey pulled me close and caressed my neck and shoulders. She smelled so good. "Come on, let's put your bags in my room." I led her down the hallway to my room. She set her luggage inside my walk-in closet and went and plopped on my bed. I climbed on top of her straddling her, kissing her. She squeezed my ass and slid her hand under my shirt caressing my sides and back. "Mmm," I moaned into her mouth.

My phone started vibrating in my pocket. Like buzz after buzz after buzz. "TF is going on?!" I leaned over onto the bed and pulled it out.

Twitter:

@Neezy2021: Ay yo, I heard @LiyahMarie killed that dude from Wayne State. Is that true?
↪️ @FoHunnid3: The dude that got stabbed at the step show?
↪️@Neezy2021: Yeah.
↪️@FoHunnid3: That was her?
↪️@Nikki247: Aaliyah?!
↪️@Neezy2021: Yeah.
↪️@ilovedrizzy: That's my roommates's best friend.
↪️@Tre2391: They said dude assaulted her. It was self defense.
↪️@FoHunnid3: Nah that ain't what I heard. I heard she was tryna fuck homie and just spazzed on him.
↪️@Nikki247: Man, that girl gay. She wasn't tryna fuck no nigga.
↪️@FoHunnid3: Well regardless, she didn't have to do bro like that.
↪️@Neezy2021: She got a whole girlfriend.

"OH MY GOD! These niggas out here spreading rumors that ain't even true. FUCK!"

↪️@LiyahMarie: Ay remove my @ from y'all replies. This is insensitive as fuck.

I immediately made my Twitter account private and muted the conversation. I didn't know none of them people. The fuck do you come in my mentions spreading lies? At least tell the whole TRUE story. I tossed my phone on the bed and went back to Drey, who welcomed me with open arms. "You are so sexy, Andreyuh."