8: Aaliyah

I carried the bags of groceries up the sidewalk, noticing a woman in a trench coat running out, almost knocking me over. She looked familiar. I hurried inside. I could feel one of the bag handles tearing and I didn't want shit falling all over the sidewalk.

I went inside to find Drey wrapped up in a blanket sitting on the couch watching her favorite TV show, Tyler Perry's Sistas. I don't know how she watched that shit. Tyler does way too much. When she heard me come in, she jumped up and came to help me unload all the groceries and put them away.

Her phone vibrated on the countertop. "Babe you got a text." I glanced over to the screen.

Reneé Montgomery: I really care about you, Drey. Tell me that you see a future for us.

This bitch...I didn't say a word. I just continued putting the groceries back trying to figure out how I was gon confront her. Then it hit me. That's the bitch that was outside! My mind went back to the Instagram photo that Drey showed me about a month ago. I was furious. I could feel my ears getting hot, but the words wouldn't come out of my mouth.

My phone buzzed in my pocket. "A couple of us are going for drinks at a bar on campus corner. You should come."

"Hey babe, you mind if I go out with the girls from the office for a little bit?"

"Go ahead. Ima just be here watching my shows."

I needed to get out before I killed her. I went back to the closet and put on some cute jeans and a halter top and headed out the door. The whole way there, I was talking to myself. I didn't know what I was gon say and how I was gon let her know that I knew more was up than she was leading on. That text message read like the Professor bitch was catching feelings. But don't no bitch catch feelings unless the feelings have been given in return.

When I got to the bar my new coworkers Alicia, Rebecca, and Selena were in a booth sipping drinks. "Hey girl!" I greeted them and scooted in the booth. We ordered you a shot. I took it to the head before they could even clink glasses. "Reneè! Over here!" They waved their hands in the air, signaling for someone to join us. Oh my God! I saw her approach the table out of the corner of my eye. She pulled up a chair. "Reneè, this is..." I interrupted "Marie!" They looked at me kinda funny.

"Marie is my middle name. Everybody calls me Marie." They all just kinda went along with it confusingly. I didn't want her to know that I was Drey's girlfriend. I thought maybe she'd catch on or she even recognized me from Drey's Instagram or something, but she didn't say a word.

"Well I'm Reneé. Nice to meet you."

Now I was wondering if this Reneé bitch had something to do with me getting this job. At the same time, I'm seeing her up close and the bitch was fine as hell. She had on that same ass trench coat I saw her leaving the apartment in. When she took it off, she had on a halter top and faux leather pants with some cute sandal heels. I get it now. I still wanted to beat her ass though.

I ordered two rounds of shots for the table and we all drank together. We talked for like two hours before I realized what time it was.

"Hey y'all! Ima head out. I didn't realize how late it's getting."

"I think ima head out too," says the fine ass Professor bitch. Following ass bitch. Be original.

"Thanks for inviting me. It was so fun!"

I paid my tab and grabbed my keys and purse and headed out to my car with Reneé following.

I walked over to my car and pushed the unlock button on my keychain remote. "Marie!"