Prt 3, Ch.2

With Zim and Gaz

Outside of school

The two continued to wait for Dib to return.

"Where's that Dib-human? We need to prepare for our trip before tonight" said Lard Nar, entering the school yard with Gir on a leash.

"He went back inside to talk to Gretchen. She just told him she has a crush on him, and he ran away to come find us to ask us what to do" said Gaz, shrugging her shoulders and rolling her eyes.

Lard Nar hummed, nodding in understanding.

The Vortian never could understand love, considering he never really found it important to him. Sure, Triple 7 has a wife and three kids, but Lard Nar doesn't want to be stuck with the responsibility in taking care of them. There are much more important matters than marriage.

As the three waited, Zim decided to grab Gaz and pull her down from the brick fence.

"Hey, I was sitting there you know" said Gaz, a little annoyed, but chuckled nonetheless.

"I know, I just wanted to bring you down so I could do this" said Zim mischievously, leaning closer,his arms wrapped around her waist as he pulled her closer.

With Keef

Keef fumed angrily as he watched Zim and Gaz kiss.

He felt horrible, having to watch his crush kiss someone else.

He felt jealousy and anger rise within him, threatening to explode out.

As Keef growled, preparing to march over to the two, the door once again swung open, this time slamming into his face.

Dazed and confused, Keef shook his head and looked up, seeing Dib running out of the building with Gretchen. He was holding her hand, smiling as he dragged her out.

With Zim, and Gaz

The two broke apart when they heard the front doors to the school slam open.

Dib ran out of the building, half dragging Gretchen with him, the two smiling and laughing.

"Guys! I did it! I told her!" said Dib, smiling. Gretchen giggled at this, happy to see him smile.

"That's great bro!" said Gaz, smiling.

"Congratulations Dib, you've entered the world of dating" said Zim, smiling proudly.

Lard Nar shrugged.

"Eh, it's nothing special, but I'm glad to see you finally found someone who loves you back" said Lard Nar, smiling.

"YAY! Masta's family GWOOOWIIING!" cheered Gir.

Gaz, Zim, Lard Nar and Dib froze. The four glanced over at Gretchen to find her giggling.

"Aww, such a cute dog!" she said, smiling.

Lard Nar sighed in exasperation, Gaz and Zim sighed in relief, and Dib chuckled awkwardly.

"Well, we gotta go. Me, Gaz, and Zim are going on a four day trip. I'll see you when we get back?" asked Dib, turning to Gretchen and smiling.

Gretchen smiled and nodded.

"Definitely. I'll be waiting" she said.

She then leaned forward and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek before leaving, walking with a skip in her step.

Dib blushed brightly and smiled.

Gaz rolled her eyes before smirking, punching her brother's shoulder.