4

Josuke felt a small vibration on his bed, realizing it was his alarm. He had put it on his pillow so it wouldn't be as loud. He woke up, a note by his bed saying 'thanks for finishing dinner'. 'Oops, sorry Jotaro, I was just really tired.' He thought to himself.

He quickly got dressed, combed his hair (and gelled it) and ran out the door. He figured he'd just have to settle with waiting until lunch, (which apparently Jolyne made a bento for him.)

As he was walking to school he spotted Hazamada, which reminded him of the comic. "Heyy Hazamada! I have a question!!" He yelled, running over to the side of the road the other boy was on.

"Uugh, what do you want Josuke?" He grumbled. "I have a lot on my mind."

"Do you still have that comic you gave to Okuyasu? You know, the two girls..?" He inquired, awkwardly.

"Oh yea, forgot to put it away, you wanna borrow it or something? Somehow I knew you had good taste Josuke." Hazamada snickered.

Josuke crossed his arms and looked the other way, hiding his face. "Yea, but not for that reason." He muttered.

Hazamada gave him the comic, and parted ways with Josuke, telling him "I don't want to be seen walking with a delinquent."

Josuke just thought Hazamada was jealous though, because Josuke was so popular with the ladies.

He continued until he was at school, and saw Okuyasu and Koichi. "Hey guys!" He called, scrambling over to them.

Okuyasu looked at him, but then soon averted his eyes slightly downwards, which was weird. "Hey Oku, what's wrong?" He said cheerfully. He thought he hide the nervous shake in his voice pretty well.

"Oh my god you're actually here!" Koichi said happily, waving a bit. "Did Rohan help you?"

"Yea! I remember almost everything. I just have one question." He looked to the side at Okuyasu for a second, then back at Koichi. "What happened, you know, around when I fell?"

Koichi blinked, and then he tapped his toe. "I think you were right over there." Her pointed to the entranceway of the school. "And then Okuyasu announced something.. hmm what was it.. Okuyasu?"

Koichi turned to Okuyasu, his eyes were lidded, and to be frank, he had a smug look on his face. "Well.. I announced I had a crush, and.. um.. welll.." he trailed off, looking at Josuke with puppy eyes.

"I was going to confess to them, and as if you had the perfect comedic timing, you fell face first on the ground." He looked down again, tracing the tip of his shoe in circles on the ground. "The only reason I knew it was you, was because I saw Crazy Diamond come out and try to catch you."

Josuke blinked, his face catching on literal fire. "Huh..? Oh well.. who's your crush?"

Koichi gave Okuyasu an even smugger look. "God stop that Koichi, it's not normal for your face to do that." Okuyasu scolded him, but Josuke could feel a wall of guilt behind his annoyance.

"I was gonna pretend that I was gay, and confess to you.. and hope girls would like me then." He muttered, scratching the back of his head.

Before Josuke could respond, the bell rung. "Okuyasu I-"

"I have to get to class, see ya later guys." Koichi shouted, running out the door.

The class was long, well it was usually long but it felt even longer. Josuke couldn't hide his feelings anymore, it was just too taxing. However, it was hard to think when he was constantly getting math problems and English assignments. Eventually the bell rung for lunch, and he couldn't be anymore happy and anxious and the same time.