Chapter 2

On the first day of 6th grade, she walked into study hall and bumped into what looked like (at the time), an angel. His name was Louis.  He had sky blue eyes, dimpled smile, and auburn brown hair. They had five classes together.  She had many opportunities to tell him how she felt, but let's just say that she was afraid he would laugh at her and tell her that he would never go out with a nobody like her. She wasn't all that popular, and he was.  To make it harder to get over him, he was super nice, was the oldest of five younger sisters, and he was super responsible.  All his work was done on time, and he had a mind of his own.  His way of being popular was through being himself.  This made him very popular with the "ladies."
James knew how Alexandra felt about Louis, and wanted to help.  After all, he was on the same soccer team as Louis, and he could help him notice her.  Since Alexandra was too scared to tell him how she felt herself, James planned to get Louis to ask her out on a date. 
That evening, after soccer practice, James pulled Louis aside and asked him if he was in a relationship with anyone.  Louis said no.  But just as James was about to tell him about his plan, Alexandra showed up, and glared at him.  James shut up, but Louis was curious as to where Jame's question was leading. 
"Why do you ask?" he inquired.
"I was just wondering for my blog."  James lied.
Alexandra gave him a relieved, thankful look and waited for James to get ready to walk home.  They gossiped and talked about the latest drama, couples, and cliques. Then, all of a sudden, James stopped.
"I have a confession to make." he said, hesitantly.
"... well?  Cough it up before you choke on it." Alexandra said impatiently.
" ... well...I'm gay"  He said, finally. 
"I know.  You didn't have to tell me." Alexandra said.
"I had to get it off my chest," he explained.
"Oh. what about your parents? Don't they know?"
"No they don't, and I worry about what they will say or do when I do tell them."
"Well,  don't worry so much about it.  I'm sure they'll understand.  Besides, they'll have to understand.  It's who you are.  You can choose when to come out. I won't tell." Alexandra reassured him.
It was at that point that James realized he had stopped in front of his house. He started walking up to his front porch. He turned a quarter of a way around, and called to Alexandra, "See you around!" with a wave and a smile.
"Bye for now!"  she called back.