Chapter 11: starting to put together a team

That was weird, I didn't even have to convince Miranda that what I was talking about was true. She just believed me. Anyways, we are about to meetup with sean, who is working with the police force as somebody who takes down murderers and assassins. When we met up with him, he was in uniform, and had an official police badge.
"Hey Sean, we need your help." I said,
"Hi Sean." Miranda said.
"Hey. What do you need help with?" he asked.
I explained the situation to him.
"Wait, who kidnapped innocent Nico?" Sean asked.
"Louis, a huge jerk from a different dimension." I said,
"Ah. ok, who else do we need?" Sean asked, "and am I get a weapon to beat the hell out of this Louis dude?"
"Ari, Nora, and Zacharia." Miranda said. "And yes, we have weapons you may use."
"Ok, so, let me get my zappy thing, and let's get going" Sean said.
"Well, it's almost 6 pm, so we should rest at my place and fine Ari and Nora tomorrow, and then find zacharia on the third day." Miranda said.
"Ok, sounds good." Sean said, "Do I get the big room?"
"Yes, you get the big room." Miranda said.
"Yes!!" Sean said.
When we arrived at the Mansion, Miranda took us down to the basement, where she kept a bunch of old fighting equipment. Well, not exactly old, just unused.
"I built this place and the stuff in it in case we would need it." she said. "There are 6 mission suits, each the perfect size for all of us." Miranda said.
The suits were equipped with spy equipment, each weapon fitting of each of our personalities, and there was even a car, with my name on it. It had everything a cool gadget car would have. My suite was midnight blue, equipped with smoke bombs, a grappling hook, and stealth mode. Perfect for me. Seans was equipped with concealing mist, paralyzing guns, and a stronger grappling hook. Plus a laser. And his suit was black. Miranda's was scarlet red, equipped with nunchucks, sticky spray, and a hammer. Just in case).
"Wow, Miranda, JEEZ, these are awesome. When did you have time for all of this?" I asked.
"I would stay up writing songs, and when I had writer's block, I would invent all this stuff to help clear my head of unhelpful thoughts." she said.
"Cool" sean and I said simultaneously.
I looked at the car. "What is that thing?" I asked.
"It's a car I made when I started to miss you, I decided to make a car for you for when you got back." she said.

Joe comes downstairs. He must have known about this room for a while, because he didn't seem at all surprised.
"I see she has shown you her lair. What do you think of the car, Lex?" Joe asked.
"I LOVE IT!" I said, "Is it really for me?" I asked.
"Yes, it is." Miranda said.
"Awesome!" I stated.
"I'm sorry to interrupt your happiness, but the butler has dinner ready for us." Joe said.
"Ok, we'll be up shortly." Miranda said. But Sean was already upstairs.
"I guess we should head up too." I said,
Once we were upstairs, the butler served us mashed potatoes, chicken, and corn on the cob.
"This is amazing." I said,
"I am already finished, but can I have some more mashed potatoes, please?" Sean asked.
"Sure." Miranda said.
"Barnabie, can you please get Sean some more mashed potatoes?" Joe asked
"Yes, Sir. How many would you like, sir Sean?" Barnabie asked.
"Umm, two scoops, please." Sean said.
"Coming right up." Barnabie said.

Later that evening, as I was getting ready for bed, a call came in for me.
I answered it.
"Lex, is this you?" the person on the other end asked.
"Yes, who is this?" I asked.
"It's Nico. Listen, I need your help. There is a dude that kidnapped me, won't say what his name is, but he looks kind of Like Oliver F." he said.
"Yeah, I know. But it isn't Oliver. It's Louis. I'll explain later. How much longer do you have?" I asked.
"Around 5 days. Please hurry, though, I think he planning to torture me for information. Send help." he said.
That's when the line went dead.
That night, I couldn't sleep. I was so worried that we may not even get the right help we would need. That he would die. That we wouldn't have a happy ending.
What If my friends get hurt being mixed up in all of this. My worries sent me into a deep sleep. I woke up refreshed and ready to find Ari and Nora.