8~

Tsunade looked expectantly at her apprentice. "Well?" she asked eagerly. "Can you feel anything different?"
"N-not really - " Sakura was cut off by another voice - one that she heard every day and that Tsunade had heard only once before.

"Hey, Saku-chan! Look, I can move around!"She rubbed her wide forehead. (A/N: Actually, it's not the largest forehead! I don't see why they tease her about it, but...) Her eyes flashed with emerald fire.

Suddenly, the flame died down to a glimmering spark. "Yeah, Inner... But it's weird. I'm not the only one who controls my body anymore." She began panicking as a thought occurred to her - until Tsunade spoke, relieving her fears.

"You'll have one hell of a fight, but you can still keep Inner Sakura at bay," the older woman said, leaning forward. Her eyes glinted in the evening light. "This is most interesting. Inner Sakura is stronger physically, but mentally, 'Outer' Sakura is still in control."

"Hell yeah!" Inner Sakura proclaimed at once, startling her outer self. "I'm the one with the tools to beat Sasuke up, and you've got the brains to put 'em to good use! Shannaro!"

Tsunade watched with amusement evident in her dancing eyes. "Do you really hate him that much?" she mused.

Sakura rubbed the back of her head, grinning sheepishly. "Heh heh... Let's just say that he's not in my - our - good book right now."

"Hell yeah!" Inner Sakura put in.

"Y'know, Sakura," Tsunade laughed, "you might know what's happening, but your conversation makes no sense to others who don't know about Inner Sakura. I would keep her comments to a minimum if I were you."

"What?! Hell n - " She stopped abruptly.

"Yeah, thanks, shishou. How do I cancel the jutsu?" Sakura asked, panting. Inner Sakura was still raving about in her head, shouting profanities.

Tsunade shrugged. "I dunno. Ask your sensei. He might know." Sakura's eye twitched, and she was off in a blur.

Sakura's House

"Sensei!" Sakura called, striding into her room. "Sensei!"

"Sensei, you moron! Where the hell are you?!"

A chuckle sounded from behind Sakura, scaring the living daylights out of the girl. "What did you call me?" he asked in amusement, placing a hand on her cheek. The pale skin felt cool against Sakura's flushed face.

"I called you a moron, you idiot! Where the - "

He silenced her with a slender finger to her lips and an arm around her slim waist. "Hn... You should watch your mouth, little cherry blossom," he murmured.

"Eh... Sumimasen, sensei. Shishou didn't know how to cancel the jutsu," Sakura explained evenly, though her pulse quickened at his touch.

Guess he's Itachi right now...

Of course! Would your sensei do this to you?
Oh, you're helpful.

I try.

...You do realize I was being sarcastic.

...Of course.

Sakura gasped as she felt Itachi nuzzle her ear. "I-Itachi-san - " He stopped for a moment, smirking.

"Hm...? Do you like this, little cherry blossom?" he asked her softly. She shivered and tried to wiggle out of his grasp, but it only tightened on her waist. "Answer me, Sakura," he commanded.

Of course you like it!
"N-no..." Sakura stammered, flustered.

What is he doing to me?

Itachi nosed her earlobe, his other hand slipping down to join the one already around her petite waist. "Don't lie to me, cherry blossom," he told her in his silky voice.

Just say yes and be done with it!

B-but...

Just do it!

It was hard to concentrate now, due to the fact that Itachi's hand was stroking her hair gently.

"Y-yes..." she whispered almost inaudibly. Slowly, he released her and followed her into the bedroom. She could feel him behind her and without turning could tell that there was a smirk on his handsome face.

Wait - handsome? Did I just think that?

Yup.

Itachi's deep voice cut through her thoughts. "I believe that, again, a simple dispel will suffice."

She gave it a try and sent out a mental call to Inner Sakura

Noo! You've locked me up again!

"It worked," she confirmed. "Let's go to bed, sensei. I'm tired." He chuckled, and her face colored as she realized how indecent that had sounded.

That didn't come out right.

No, it didn't, Inner Sakura agreed.

"Let's try that again," she mumbled, embarrassed. "I'm going to go to bed; I'm tired. Good night, sensei." She dragged herself off to change and returned a few minutes later in black pajamas.

Itachi smirked. "You look good in black," he purred, appearing behind her. She scowled and stomped over to her night table, pulling out a brush. Glaring at him, she yanked it brutally through her pink locks.

When he approached her rope "bed", she eyed him warily. Reaching out, he untied the end of one rope. Curling it up as he went, he glided across the room to reach the other side.

"I'll leave the hooks in just in case you fall off tonight and I need to put this rope back tomorrow night," he told her. She glared at him before her eyes flew wide open as she realized something.

"Your eyes!" she exclaimed. He smiled (A/N: Gasp! He smiled!) and allowed her to get a better look at them. As Sakura gazed into his onyx eyes, she compared them to Sasuke's. While Sasuke's eyes were glassy black and always cold, Itachi's seemed deeper - endless - and warmer; more alive. "Why did you turn your Sharingan off?"

He lay down on his rope and stared at the ceiling. "I don't need it right now," he answered. Sakura nodded, feeling special. He trusted her enough to keep his Sharingan deactivated. Slowly, she got up onto her bed, trying to adjust to the absence of the missing rope

"Good night, Itachi-san."

"Good night."