𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 22 - 𝖯𝗋𝗈𝗎𝖽

As we finished our portraits, we still had nearly half an hour of class left. I watched as Benji added his final details, one of them being a small strawberry on my shirt in the picture. That reminded me!

"Benji guess what!"

"Uh what?" He giggled and smiled at me.

I immediately regretted bringing it up. What if he doesn't give a shit? Why would he anyways? Why would he care that I ate five damn strawberry's? I'm so stupid. I still hoped he'd be proud. I'll take my chances.

"I- uh- I ate five strawberry's this morning.."

"Oh my god Jorge that's so great! I'm so proud of you!" He pulled me into a strong hug. Thank god. I hoped I'd get more hugs today, I forgot how nice they felt.

"I wanted to make you proud. Or like, I don't know. The strawberry's just reminded me of you."

"Aw Jorge, I'll be proud of you no matter what. I know how hard it is to pull through things like that." He squeezed one hand on my shoulder. I found it so comforting. His words and his hand.

The bell rang throughout the classroom, and we headed to second period.

-

After what felt like forever, it was lunch. I told Benji earlier that I was sitting with Syd and Cayman. I made my way to our table, getting the occasional glances from random people.

"Hey guys" I said lazily as I plopped down on the booth.

"So what happened? Where ya been?" Syd challenged.

"I was in the hospital."

"Oh god, what happened?"

"I was malnourished.. and dehydrated.." I admitted. I was ashamed.

"Jorge.."

I made eye contact with Syd to show I was listening, furrowing my brows.

"I'm glad you pulled through. I was worried. You know you can talk to me right??" He questioned frantically.

"Yes, Syd I know. And I appreciate it. I really do."

"Good."

We carried on eating for a while. I finally decided to break the silence.

"It feels weird sitting here without Xowie.."
I audibly sighed.

"Yeah, I agree. But I don't know what to do about it."

"Me neither" Cayman finally spoke.

"You guys got any ideas on what I can do to make her forgive me?"

"I don't know, she's known to hold a grudge." Cayman said shrugging.

"I guess." I frowned and continued eating.

————————————————————————

Hey babes. I'm trying to stick to updating daily. I hope I'm not disappointing anyone 😔
Anyway I love you guys sm and thank you again for 1k reads 🥺
Bye luvs <33

Word count: 432

February 7, 2020.