Chapter 25

Coles POV
Hester was laying on my bed, I smiled at her. She looked so peaceful. I didn't want to wake her, so instead I silently got out of bed and got dressed. I had to meet my dad in an hour and as much as I hated him I still was going to make an effort to fix this for Hester.
I grabbed a protein shake and wrote a note to Hester letting her know where I was going. I left silently out the front door. I really didn't want to do this but if it furthered me and Hester's relation ship I was willing to do it.
We where support to get meet at Applebee's. it's where we always went together before he left us.
I turned the radio up and tapped my fingers against the steering wheel.

I arrived twenty minutes early but I wanted to be early so that if he was a minute late I could leave saying that I waited.
"How many." the waitress asked.
"Two." I said bored.
She grabbed two menus and smiled at me. " Right this way." I followed her to a table at the end of the restaurant.
" Will this work for you.?" He asked
"It's perfect" I smiled at her. It's in the corner so we won't be the center of attention.
I sat down in the seat closer to the corner. Leaning back I waited for m dad.

Hester's POV

I woke up with a groan. I reached over and patted the space next to me. nothing. I opened my eyes and looks over to find Cole gone and a note was in his place. That little jerk.
I opened the note and read it out loud.
"Sorry, but you just looked so cute in your sleep, I couldn't wake you. I have to go and meet my dad today. I will be back in a few hours though. Don't miss me to much." I read.
I rolled my eyes, that's Cole for you.
I lifted my arms to put the card on his nightstand. I quickly put my arms down because the smell of it was deathly.
I got up and went to take a shower. I turned the water on hot before getting out five minutes later. I put on a pair of sweats and one of Cole shirts.
Just as I wen down stairs to go get some breakfast the door bell rang.
"Coming." I called. I wonder what happened that made Cole come home soon.
I undid the lock before opening the door.
"Cole, what happened?" I asked. But that was before I looked at his face, or shall I her face.
"Mom, what are you doing here?" I asked in shock.

Hunter's POV

My dad arrived on time, actually two minutes early. He smiled when he saw me, I frowned at him. "let's get this over with." I grumbled.
Just as my dad was going to say something the waitress came back to take our drink order.
"I have a coke."i said as my dad said "water."
The waitress left and the tension was hanging in the air. I grabbed the menu that she left us and started looking through it. he did the same.
When the waitress came back we order and she took the menus. it was just me and my dad. I looked down at the table the tension as tight.
"So" my dad's voice was nervous. " what have you been doing with your life." he rubbed the back of his neck.
"Well you'd know that if you where around." I looked down at my phone not meeting his gaze.
"Look dad." I looked at him. " I don't need you know. You weren't there when my mom was battling cancer, I don't need you know. your sympathy doesn't help me. I have Hester for that. Go back to your work, I'm sure they need you." I said standing up an throwing a twenty on the table before walking out. I left my dad sitting there with with his mouth open looking at me with surprise.
It felt good to say that. I wanted to for so long and now I did. I smile as I get in the car and start driving home. Closer felt good.

Hester's POV
I let my mom in and awkwardly and showed her around.
"Who's house is this. did you move?" She looked around curiously.
I laughted. " No, it's Coles house." I said still smiling.
She pursed her lips, thinking." You love with him." it was more of a statement.
I suddenly became defensive. "What's it to you?" I snapped.
"Nothing." she shrugged. "I think it's cute that you live together. It's clear that you love each other." she smiled.
Wow, that was not what I expected.
"Sooo," I drawers out. " What did you come here for?"
She gave me a sad smile. " because I wanted a do over. I haven't been in your life and I want to be. But, know I can, I have a chance to be in your life. I want to be in your life." there where tear in both of out eyes. "Can I be in your life." She had hope in he eyes,the more I looked at them the more I wanted to nod.
Slowly I nodded my head. "ok." I whispered.
Her face lit up. She held her arms out to me. I gladly walked over an rapped my arms around her.
"What to watch a movie?" She asked I nodded. I never had a chance to watch a movie with my mom when I was younger so it sounded
Like a nice thing.
We sat on the couch talking and laughing and watching movies.
By the beginning of out second movie the door opened and in walked a happy Cole. I jumped off the couch and ran to him. I wrapped him in a hug whispering " how'd it go." I hear him sigh.
"Good." I smiled.
He unwrapped his arms from me."Hi, Elizabeth." he said.
"Hi, dear." mom smiled.
I tugged Cole to the couch and pushed play. I snuggled up next to him. For once I felt whole, like I was fixed. I was with Cole and my mom. this was my family, one I never had.
I smiled into Cole arms. "I love you." I whispered.
"I love you too,forever and always." he kissed my temple softly.

The end.
But there will be a epilogue. :) hope to like it.