Chapter Fourteen | Downtown

Phone just ringing heard a nigga got got
He was over on the East last thing that he heard six shots
He ain't getting no love from the cops, nobody got caught
Real talk when I heard who it was, my heart damn near stop
Somebody done killed my brother, now I gotta get back, let 'em know cause a nigga gotta feel that!
~~~~

"Amber, you almost ready ta go?" Melvin questioned as he walked into there bedroom.

Amber nodded "Yeah bae just five more minutes."

Mel walked into there spacious his and her bathroom only to see Amber sitting at her vanity with only half of her hair curled.

Melvin frowned taking a step closer to her. "Five minutes and you gotta do the whole other side of your head?"

She nodded "Okay six minutes."

He smiled. If it's one thing he loved it was Amber's sense of humor.

He loved that she could make him smile. Even when he was mad all she had to do was come in there and talk to him.

In all honestly Amber and his three daughters is what slowed him down.

He was just like August living the fast life. Fucking bitches and getting money was all he cared about until he met Amber.

Instantly he knew she was different. He asked her out and she declined. It surprised him and only made him work harder in getting her to say yes.

When he found out she was pregnant for the first time it damn near made him cry tears of joy.

They changed him. At first he was just living for himself but now he had to make everything better for them.

He could see the change coming for August too. Brianna was that one for him.

She was the one that was going to slow him down and put everything into place for him.

Melvin could see it.

"See six minutes baby. All done" Amber smiled as she stood up from her seat in front the mirror and made her way over to Mel.

He looked down at his gold Rolex. "Don't you mean twenty-six minutes."

"Same thing."

He chuckled then warped his arms around her.

"Mel what you trying to do?"

"You." He mumbled as he slid his hands down her ass.

"No Mel not now."

He frowned "Why not?"

"Cause were already late. August gon' kill us."