Rain

Part 1: Rain

A writer, Park Jeong-woo has always been oblivious to what the future holds for him. Though he understands the need of going out, he cannot help but isolate himself due to his many circumstances. Books and pens are his comfort bits and pieces. On the other hand, Haruto Wanatabe, a freelance photographer from Fukuoka, flew his way to Korea to meet the author that captivated his heart.

"Can you fall in love with someone you haven't met?" Haruto thought. He was on his way to the apartment he rented during his stay in Seoul. According to his source, there will be an autograph signing from his favorite author. He is finally seeing him, hopefully. Jeongwoo has not been seen during his whole writing career. His identity remains anonymous and this time, he is going to open himself and meet his fans. Haruto could not take away the smile on his lips at the thought of meeting his favorite author.

The place has changed so much from the last time he went to Seoul. His mom was a huge Big Bang fan and they would travel to Korea to watch their concert. Her mother even let him audition at the same agency as her idols, but it was never his bread and butter. He wanted to capture emotions. He wanted to see the good and the bad, the first smiles, the painful cries, the beauty the creator makes - it calms his heart when he captures such photographs. It gives him different sensations he cannot even grasp, but he knows for sure that this is the passion he wanted to live for the rest of his life.

And so, does the book that his favorite author makes, its genre having such surreal scenarios in which he had never in his existence felt such emotions coming from writing. It is something foreign, a piece that gave him a sense of prominence in ensuring the safety of the protagonist. The passion he felt while reading sinks in him that he wanted to meet the author that wrote such a masterpiece.

~

Day breaks, and Haruto finally arrived. It is raining again, his least favorite weather. He hates how rain always messes up with his schedule as a photographer. He wanted to capture more pictures but due to the bad weather, he decided to rest for a while. On his way up, he met a stranger for the first time.

"Don't you just love it when it rains?" the photographer tried to crack up the silence with his obvious sarcastic remark as he catches the stranger's eyes on him. The latter stays silent while looking at the photographer.

"Rain always messes up with my schedule, I am a photographer and it was so hard because there are so many appointment changes due to this weather."

Amusement was visible in the stranger's eyes, a slow smirk before he spoke "Rain is beautiful. I like rain, the tranquility of each drop makes me feel at ease."

"Oh, I apologize, I didn't expect you would go that profound, " he said while the stranger stays silent. Haruto observed the latter, he has tan skin that blends perfectly on his broad shoulders and sharp jawline. He felt very different from the man's presence as if it were telling him to stop, his aura radiates -- solitude. But with his character, shutting his mouth is the least he can grant.

"By the way, I am Haruto. Haruto Watanabe, " he says, offering his hand. The stranger grabs it with hesitation,

"Jeongwoo."

Before Haruto was able to respond, the elevator opens and Jeongwoo went first leaving him in confusion and excitement because of the stranger's name.

~

"Hyung" Haruto called his friend Yoshi who is also his manager as he was still confused and somehow excited by the coincidence that happened just now. He wanted may it be to confirm or even with the slightest hope for the stranger he just met, to be the author he had always admired.