Sunshine

Part 2: Sunshine"Good morning sunshine" Jeong-woo was awakened by a fresh aroma coming from the coffee.
"Did you miss me?" Haruto teases.

"Why are you here?"

Haruto did not respond instead he gave him a wink. Trying to suppress his blush, Jeong-woo keeps on looking at the coffee Haruto is brewing right now. Minutes passed when he remembered, it registered to him the whole scene yesterday and so he blushes more. Anxious, confused, and scared, someone just witnessed his breakdown. And it was still this man, and they - they were with each other all night?

"Wait, are we?" he asked himself.

"Are we with each other all night yesterday?" the author asked Haruto.

"You would not let go of my arms; I have no choice."

He remembers how he confesses his traumas. Haruto is serving the coffee and after a while, he looks outside the window near them. A ray of sunlight reflected on Haruto's face, it was so calm, and he is slightly smiling. After a moment of silence, Jeong-woo spoke.

"It was raining," he said.

Haruto faced him and Jeong-woo shifted his gaze downwards.

"It was so beautiful. We were playing outside. I was with my brothers. We were playing in the rain. I was 8."

Jeong-woo sulks again which Haruto found amusing, he noticed this cute attitude of Jeong-woo since they met. Whenever he teases him, he will sulk his head humbly. He was so shy to receive compliments from people and so he would bow and Haruto swears he would do everything just to see those humble selves of Jeong-woo.

"Then it stops raining, and so I insisted Hyung to play with me at the park. I was with Hyung Jae and Hwan. My brothers. I was in a hurry when a truck came in and next thing I know, they're -" 

Jeong-woo stop midway and started crying again.

"Shhhh, don't force yourself." the latter tried his best to comfort him.

"They died because of me Haruto, if I wasn't irresponsible, they won't meet a tragic end. It was my fault." Jeong-woo was holding his chest again and started beating it.

"Hey, it's not your fault okay? Don't think that way." the latter opposed while still trying to comfort him.

"It is. It was. If only I was a bit faster, I could have saved them too, it was my fault, it should have been me instead." Jeong-woo snaps this time. He was in so much pain and Haruto move to him and buried the latter's face on his shoulders

."Jeong-woo, look at me, hey, Woo please look at me. It is not your fault. Do not blame yourself. And please, don't think that way okay?" he cupped Jeongwoo's face and stare into his eyes.

"You are important. Always remember that. I do not want you to hurt the most, so please - let me help you. I will be here for you. I don't want you to feel alone again, okay?" Jeong-woo continues crying while Haruto is trying his best to calm him.

"Hush now sshh, it's okay cry it all out," he said while hugging the latter one more time.

~

It was the 28th day of Haruto's stay in Seoul. And he gets closer to Jeong-woo now. Today, they are going to a park. He was able to convince Jeong-woo after his 1 week of continuous sticky notes on the man's door asking him out. Haruto is staring at Jeong-woo while unpacking their food.

"Woo, have you ever thought how much opposite we are?" he asked.

"What opposite?"

"I mean, I've read somewhere that soulmates are usually two separated souls that are opposite but the world makes way for them to meet, and unconsciously fulfill each other's imperfections they never even realized existed in them."

"You think we're soulmates?"

"Do we think alike?" Haruto teases the latter.

"I mean, look at our appearance, I am white and you are tanned, I am more of a slim type and you have broad shoulders, the way we see the world, I am a photographer and you're a writer."

"Do you sing?" Jeong-woo asked.

"Yes. Though I like rapping more actually."

"You like to rap, and I like singing" the author added.

"What? Did you just?" Haruto faced the latter with astonishment.

"Are you finally accepting that we're soulmates?"

"No, I mean —" the latter was still trying to reason out while Haruto interrupted him.

"You mean, you like me too?" Haruto leaned closer to Jeong-woo.

The latter unknown what to do immediately stand, and bump into Haruto's nose along the way.

"I'm - I'm sorry." Jeong-woo sulked.

Haruto stands as well, holding Jeongwoo's head.

"It's okay." He tries to adjust his face to a still-sulking Jeong-woo and met his eye level.

"Don't hold back Jeong-woo. Allow yourself to be happy too. Come, let's play on that sprinklers." Haruto said while grabbing the latter hand.

Minutes pass when Haruto suddenly stopped Jeong-woo and grabs his shoulders.

"Stay still," Haruto said. He went on his back and place a diamond necklace on Jeong-woo.