Phone Calls

Prompts: "I just wanted to hear your voice

Prompts: "I just wanted to hear your voice."

—————

Trent had told you on multiple occasions that he hated calling and preferred texting but did that stop you from calling him on multiple occasions in a day even when there was nothing to talk about? hell no.

You laid on the couch, your head tilted to the side as you continued to bore yourself with the terrible movie that was playing on the TV. Netflix really recommended some crap movies sometimes. Seriously, not even remotely entertaining.

You rolled your eyes exaggeratively at the man's acting and switched off the TV, whoever let these actors star in the movie must've been high or just plain stupid.

Resting your head on the pillow, you slid your phone off the table into your hand and brought it up to your face, seeing the new notifications pop up. Scrolling through them and not bothering to open up a single one, your eyes rested on one particular message.

Wait, could your eyes be deceiving you? You got up, sitting upright on the couch and rubbed your eyes to rid them of whatever hallucination you must've got trapped in. Pushing your hair back behind your ear, you mumbled the message aloud and chuckled to yourself.

'Are you free to call?' Trent's message completely baffled you, I mean the guy hates any sort of phone calls, why on Earth does he want to call you for a change? Maybe someone died. Okay, too far.

You wrote a response that you erased 20 times to make sure it sounded right and settled on a simple 'yeah of course.'

Never thought you'd be nervous to receive a phone call but here you were, anxiously bouncing your leg, waiting for Trent's name to pop up on the screen.

The moment it did, you took a deep breath and screenshotted the layout of Trent calling you for a change. This could be an amazing opportunity to use as blackmail one day.

You pressed on the green button after it rang a couple of times and waited to hear Trent speak into the phone.

"Hey." You smiled to yourself and returned the greeting.

"Ello, so to what do I owe this pleasure?" You heard him softly chuckle, knowing you were about to take the piss out of him.

"Oh my days, if you're going to ask you might as well get it over with."

"Okay for starters, I am completely lost for words. I mean, since when do YOU voluntarily want to talk to someone over the phone?"

"It's a rare occasion I guess." You scoffed, "yeah it really is. I was like thinking World War Three was about to start and I had to evacuate immediately or something."

Trent laughed wholeheartedly, putting a smile on your face. His laugh was like music to your ears, as cheesy as that sounds.

"There's no World War Three happening," you cheekily replied to him, "I mean, America and North Korea have kind of been on hinges lately." You practically knew Trent was already rolling his eyes at your response, bit rude that.

"No but seriously, why did you call me?" There was a short silence after you spoke when Trent sighed softly, as if there was something he was holding back.

"Alright you want the truth?"

"I mean, if you have a decent lie then knock yourself out but yes the truth would be nice." You both smiled to yourselves, you didn't even know why it was taking Trent so long to tell you. Maybe World War Three really was starting.

"I, I just wanted to hear your voice." You felt your face begin to get subtly warmer, your heart skipping a beat.

"Nah, that's bullshit." You broke the silence, Trent faintly chuckling over the phone. "It's the complete and honest truth, take it as you want." You smiled, your cheeks getting really pink.

"Okay okay, but you need to relax before my ego goes through the roof."

—————

This was a really short piece but I hope y'all liked it! :)