Chapter One

Beverly Marsh woke up, hung over from chugging a bottle of tequila from the night before. It was 12:30 pm, and the alcohol came crashing down on her. She started yelling for her husband, Tom, hoping he would come help her up. After a few helpless minutes, Beverly stopped and remembered the divorce. After her visit to Derry, Tom had wanted a divorce. She couldn't remember what happened that night, but it included bruises and xanax. Bev heard a ringing, unsure of if it was her ears or her phone. She looked around, convinced it was her phone. She finally found it underneath her bed.

          "Hello?" Beverly yawned into the phone. She brewed her cup of coffee and popped an anti-depressant in her mouth.

          "Beverly Marsh? Is that you?"
The young man spoke into the phone. He cleared his throat.

          "Who is this, and how do you know my name?" Beverly asked in the phone, her voice full of concern. She didn't sign up for anything she heard online, so she didn't know how the man got the phone number.

          "It's Richie Tozier, Trashmouth Tozier?" Richie spoke into the phone softly.

          "Richie? Wow, it's been a while. What's going on? Why'd you call?" Bev said.

          "Can you help get Ben, Bill, and Mike to Derry? It's urgent," Richie said in a rushed tone of voice.

          "Richie.. Bill.." Beverly sighed into her cellphone. "Bill hung himself three months ago, Rich,"

          "Shit," Richie said into the phone, the sadness in his voice showing, "I knew it,"

          "How's Eddie?" Beverly asked, obviously hungover.

         Richie took a deep breath and tried not to cry. He wasn't exactly sure what happened to Eddie but he knew that he was the love of Richie's life. Richie remembered holding the boy and his scent so vividly. "Bev, remember?" Richie said with such deep sadness and quietness that Beverly wanted to cry and hug him and tell him he would be alright.

          "Oh..So why do we need Ben and Mike back in Derry?" Beverly asked.

          " I need to tell you guys important, life changing news," Richie squealed into the phone.

          "You're pregnant?" Beverly asked, only half serious.

          "Please tell them to meet at the hideout," Richie begged.

          "Fine, I'll see you there around 5," Beverly aaid, "Bye Rich!"

          Beverly put down her coffee and texted the boys.

          Bev: hey losers, richie says to meet at the hideout. see you bishes at 5 😚

          Beverly could barely wait to see her best friends again.

Word count: 418