02

"So, [Y/N], how do you like Jefferson county so far?" Milo Murphy asked me a week after my first day of school.

"It's cool. I guess." I told him avoiding his eye contact.

I was weary of him, and I knew he knew it to. After I had met Milo Murphy at the bus station, I learned very quickly what exactly Murphy's Law was. At first the cement roll seemed like a coincidence, but then there was something with sharks that could walk (long story), a thing with an alien abduction (another long story), a ninja attack (that's actually more humorous than it sounds), and tons more.

And that was just one week after I met Milo Murphy. I couldn't just avoid Milo with his choatic nature a prominent reason I was. Why? Well, I had all of my classes with him. And also with Melissa and Zach. Well, there was one class I had they didn't have with me (just Melissa) and that was Art class. And I knew if I tried to avoid him, she would ask why. And frankly, I didn't want to be a jerk.

Especially with what I can do personally.

"Met any interesting people here?" he asked looking at me.

"You're an interesting person, Milo Murphy." I told him.

"I meant other interesting people besides me, Melissa, and Zack." he told me.

"I haven't yet. No one except you three wants to be my friend." Which isn't any different from my old schools.

"Well, you can be our friends." Milo told me with a smile on my face. "I have a question."

"Hmm?"

"You don't like me. Why?" he asked.

"Huh?"

"You're always avoiding me. Well, passively at the very least."

"I like you. But... you're too chaotic for me."

"Too chaotic for you? Well, chaos leads to an adventure. And I would rather have an adventure than be a normal person." He told me.

"Everyone wants to be normal, Milo. It's the only way we won't be labeled as freaks."

"Why would anyone want that? It's better to be a freak, because at least you won't be conforming to societal norms. You'll be interesting."

"What if I don't want to be interesting? What if I just want to blend in? What if I jusy want to be invisible? For like one minute."

"That's sad. At least being interesting gets you to be the cool relative when you visit family." Or to be swallowed by missions every day. "Hey, me, Melissa, and Zack are going to the mall after school? Do you want to come with?"

"Sure. Why not?" I would soon come to regret those words.