Meeting An Old Friend

"I'll exorcise you!" Kou Minamoto, the orange-haired idiot, yelled.

The ghost boy just smiled, dodging all of his attacks.

"Hmph! I may not be able to hit you, but perhaps my familiar can!" Minamoto grinned, flicking his earring.

"For the last time, I'm not your familiar!" I yelled, appearing out of thin air, "And you don't have to smack me to get me to come out!"

"(Y-Y/N)?"

I turned to see my old friend Hanako staring at me in shock.

"Hanako?"

"Wait...you two know each other?" the exorcist's eyes flickered between us.

"I did, before your family basically kidnapped me," I stuck my tongue out at him, crossing my arms.

He looked at me dumbfounded, a blank look on his face. I floated above him, looking around the area.

"Are you Hanako's friend?" A white-haired girl asked, coming up to me.

"I was...a long time ago," my gaze flickered over to the other ghost.

"Th-that's not important now!" Minamoto yelled, "You have to help me exorcise him!"

I finally let my feet hit the ground, giving him a sly smile as I did.

"Well actually, the only thing I really have to do is keep you alive, and I doubt Hanako will kill you. Yet."

"(Y/N) what happened to you? The last time I saw you two years ago you were...well...alive?" Hanako moved towards me cautiously.

"Oh, I'm pretty much over it now, but he has...I mean had, a pretty crazy great uncle," I laughed awkwardly, "My death was pretty brutal, but when he bound me to Kou it killed him." I shrugged, "So it's okay I guess."

Everyone's eyes seemed to widen a bit.

"You were...murdered?" Hanako asked in disbelief.

"Well, yeah? In a pretty ritualistic way too. But anyways, Minamoto and I are pretty much soul bound. I kinda just hang around in here, kinda like a genie in a lamp," I flicked Kou's earring.

He blushed lightly and scooted away.

"So do whatever with this idiot, just don't kill him," I gave Hanako a thumbs up and a small smile before turning to the girl.

The boys resumed fighting, Kou seeming a bit down I didn't help him out. I talked with the girl, who I learned was Yashiro Nene. Eventually Kou got knocked out.

"Hanako, I'm so jealous!" I whined, "You replaced me!"

He just sat his hand on me head and pet me gently, "You'll come see me again, won't you?"

"Well I'm bound to him," I gestured towards Kou, "And I doubt he'll leave you alone." I giggled a bit, hugging my old friend out of nowhere, "I'll see you around, yeah?"

"Sure...whatever," Hanako took another look around before he left with his new assistant. 

I sat by Kou, waiting for him to wake back up.

"Hey!" I poked his cheek, "Get up, I'm bored!"

After maybe 30 minutes he finally woke up. I had laid my head on his thighs, staring up at the sky.

"(Y/N)..." he muttered, sitting up.

My head was in his lap and his face was obstructing my view of the sky.

"Good morning!" I yelled, making him jump. I sat up, grinning smugly, "I didn't scare you, did I?"

"No! Of course not!" He watched me as I crawled over to his side, "Just...startled me a bit," Kou looked away, his face a bit red.

"Well, hey, it's getting late, so you should probably get us home, yeah?" I said, giving him a small smile before disappearing.