2

Placing a single foot inside the throne room feels like I have entered the war ground itself.

No, there isn't any commotion but the tension-filled in the air tells me otherwise. It's like they are fighting horrendously in their thoughts or it is just me overthinking the situation.

And of course, upon my arrival everyone's eyes shifts towards my figure as I instinctively let my gown fall— in not so graceful manner but yeah, who will notice.

Everyone just did, though.

Shaking my thoughts, I slowly make my way towards father and mother who are sending me hesitant glances whose meaning I am unable to interpret. Jin on the other hand is sitting just beside us, his father and mother that are practically my uncle and aunt send numerous smiles in my direction as I slightly bow my head.

While Jin keeps his face neutral, his eyes follows my actions as I settle myself beside my mother.

As soon as I sit, the awkward and ungainly air returns in the hall as my eyes shift towards the only sane person I know. But the same person has a dull face on while constantly glancing at me now and then.

Jin never acts like that— the bubbly and lively demeanor of his is not there which only means...

No.

Nothing is wrong, Luna. Stop exaggerating.

A hoarse sound arises from my dad's throat as everyone's eyes shift towards him like predators that have finally caught the prey.

"As you all know, we are here for a peace agreement," Father starts as I internally frown.

What type of peace agreement? Am I again lacking behind?

Jin sends me a quick glare.

I got it.

"Things have been pretty intense the past few weeks, there arise several topics for constant bickering which are of no use. So I thought in this meeting, we can settle it down for once and for all."

Various sounds of agreement resonate through every corner of the hall as I gander down at my feet.

Then why am I invited here? For a witness or a peacemaker or something?

"Recently, the increase in revenues due to the use of river water has welcomed havoc in my whole kingdom," Jin's father starts while shaking his head. "If it isn't treated on time, my kingdom will fall into crisis."

"Same for mine, but the reason is different. As Ars—"

The king immediately shuts his mouth upon mumbling the very first letters of the kingdom's name. Faces shifts towards a particular direction, of course, mine too but the only thing that enters my eyes is a very, very straight body with eyes filled with nothing but darkness.

My soul internally shivers upon looking at his face that is staring in his front, lips plastered together as his demeanor remains stiff. He looks merciless, seems like he can do anything for his people. Although his expressions remain brittle, his natural beauty doesn't go unnoticed.

Perfection— that word doesn't even exist for him. If a word more than that has a meaning, then he is far from that.

Either he just felt my stare or read my mind, but everyone is doing the same yet his eyes shift towards us or particularly my family.

His dark eyes scan the two beings beside me, then finally lands on my slightly attentive figure. As soon as the chocolate orbs meet my own, my head turns at an accurate 90° angle— my action eventually resulting me to come face to face with Jin who has a frown plastered on his face.