[ 28 ] Date - Afternoon

Mina

SATURDAY AFTERNOON

1:18 PM

"Animal shelter" I said reading the sign board.

Kat looks at me nervously expecting my reaction..

"This is unexpected...." I said.

"I'm not sure where to bring you on a date but I thought you will like this place since you love animals especially dogs. But if you don't like-" she said looking down.

"Don't like? I love this. Being in a place surrounded by cute loving dogs and cats are The Best." I said happily.

"I've always wanted to go in this kind of place. I have never got a chance and someone to go with. My family is not fond of dogs or cats so when they finally gifted me Ray when I was young I had nosebleed because of happiness. They came to love Ray so it has been great." I said.

"You nosebleed because of happiness?" she chuckles.

"I was happy. I really wanted to have one." I said quite embarrassed.

"I even bought the dog collar in Korea before which I don't remember that time why it has name Ray but now I do. Ray because he is Ray of sunshine." I said as I remember the day I met Ray.

I was happy that day and thinking of different names for him when my mom gave me a dog collar with name tag 'Ray' on it. She said I bought it when we were in Korea. I don't remember it but I like the name so I named my dog 'Ray'.

But now that my memories are back, I know why it's Ray. Chaeyoung gave him that name.

~~~ Flashback ~~~~

"I will have a dog one day." I said. 

"Didn't you say your parents are against it?" Chaeyoung said.

"I will never stop until they agreed to gave me one." I said determined.

"I will but a dog collar tomorrow." I added.

"You don't have a dog yet, you know." she said.

"That's why. I'll buy one and bring it home.I will hang it on my room's door so my parents will saw it every time they go to my room." I said proudly.

"You got a weird way to convince someone." she said and chuckles.

"Whatever. What should be the name? I need to put a name tag on the collar." I asked.

"How about Brownie or Blacky or Whitey?" I added.

"Definitely not. You are not sure what color of your dog would be. Though your parents may get dog with whose fur is colored based on the name but it was common." she said.

"So, what should be the name?" I asked.

She thought for a while before answering. 

"Ray. How about Ray?  Like how you are a Ray of sunshine to me. I'm sure your dog will be one to you too." she said.

"You're sweet. Ray is great. I will surely name my dog Ray." I said.

~~~ Flashback Ends ~~~

We spend the whole afternoon playing, feeding and taking care of the animals in the shelter and we had so much fun.