Abir

I held  Kunal in my arms, letting him fight the truth. After an hour of crying,  he was finally calm. The breeze from the lake had a calming effect on him.  This spot that always had my best memories and the place that I loved calling my second home had welcomed Kunal too. 

We spent an hour in silence and let the breeze do the speaking.  Finally, Kunal broke the silence. " So Bhai, Ma, I mean Ms. Meenakshi Rajvansh, your mother isn't my biological mother. And Parul Masi is my mother." he gulped as he had finally spoken the truth.  "Mr. Mehul Kapadia is my father."  He then looked at me, " And we are half brothers." A tear rolled out of his eyes. " I'm an illegitimate child?" 

"No Nanko, you and I are brother, real brothers. It doesn't matter who are biological mother is, both ma and Parul Masi have been a mother figure to us." 

He thought of something before speaking, "Karma?" He smiled a little as if remembering something, " all this time, I have blamed Mishti for not telling me the truth about her father being a murderer. I have blamed  Kuhu for hiding the truth about her mother." he looked at me, " Look at me Bhai, I had no right to blame them. It wasn't their fault. I had no right to be mean to them. My father was a bad man just as much as Mishti's dad might have been. I am an illegitimate child and I was blaming Kuhu for keeping the truth away from me about her parents." He sighed, "Karma." 

"Nanko, how you behaved with Mishti and Kuhu was wrong. It wasn't their fault of who their parents are and how they have been in their lives. In fact, Mishti didn't know her father's truth and Kuhu wasn't ready to tell you her mother's truth. You should not have acted the way you did. But it is not Karma, you have done great deeds that you have such a wonderful wife as Kuhu." 

"I will apologize to them." Kunal said, he was finally very sorry for his actions. 

"Nanko, the truth will take some time to sink in and maybe it will be very hard time, but I know eventually you'll learn to live with it because your entire family is there for you and with you." 

" My family?" 
"Yes Kunal,  your family. We are your family and will remain your family." 

Kunal hugged me again. "Bhai, you will always stay with me right?" 

"Always Nanko, you are my family, one of the most dearest to me. And i will never leave you!" 

As Kunal and I saw the sun set in the west. Another day had come to an end.  Today was the wedding card exchange ceremony of Mishti and my wedding.  I was worried what might have happened  back at home. With Meenaskhi Rajvansh  in my life,  she could go to any extent of breaking this wedding. And though I was at ease that Kunal was now feeling better and the truth was slowly going to sink in, I started getting worried about Mishti and wondering what might have happened at home.  

Do comment and vote. Please tell me if you are enjoying this and what you are liking about it. I'm open to criticism too. I would appreciate honest and constructive feedback.