chapter 2

Suddenly, I was stuck inside a bubble I could not burst. There were piles and stacks of clothes surrounding me, and I was standing in front of a cream-colored counter with a black countertop. Bald mannequins were all around me and it was a cheap-ass store, I could tell. There was an african man wearing some ugly ass fucking clothes who was standing directly next to me. His name appeared to be Luther Alexander according to his nametag. Ew, WTF?

I took a strand of my now-blond hair and twirled it around my finger. I was wearing the exact same outfit that Megan chick was. Looks even uglier in game-version.

Luther began to wander his eyes a bit. "Where's that new girl?" and then they focused on me. "There you are! Listen, I'm late for an appointment to look at an apartment in Beverly Hills, so I need you to lock up when you leave."

"Uh, who even are you?" I ask, confused.

"Good. Before I leave, though, I want you to straighten the shirt on that mannequin. It's a little too crooked for my liking." he explained.

Did he just completely ignore me? What the actual fuck? And now why is there a purple circle on top of the mannequin?

A lavendar exclamation point appeared towards my top left. And inside it was a little text box, that read, "Things you do have little pointers. Tap them to get points and cash." I went over, straightened the ratchet ass shirt, and money popped out of absolutely nowhere.

Damn, I COULD live like this.

"That's more like it," Martin Luther, no just kidding, Luther Alexander, said. "And I need you to refold those shirts over there. Alright, I'm out. Don't forget to lock the register before you leave."

"You mean, after I steal all of the money out of it?" I ask.

And all of a sudden, the world turned black for a split second, and he was gone when it came back on. Wow, who knew that Martin Luther King Jr. could teleport? But that asshole! He can be a huge part of the civil rights movement one day, and the next day he can't even answer my question?

The only thing that is on my mind after that thought passes is, I could totally live with money flying out of nowhere for clicking some purple button.