Science is Magic or is it Magic is Science

(Present day September, 21st, 2018, Earth)

"Phweee! Phweeeee! Phweeeeeeeee! Ok boys time to hit the showers good work and great job. With that much effort every practice we might just keep our winning streak going of late."  Said coach Lennen head coach for the Lowland Wolves at Lowland High. A tall but big bellied guy like most football coaches who are also gym teachers but at least this one became a teacher after playing in the NFL for three years and didn't have a receding hair line with his brown hair like others. Now just getting close to retirement as a teacher he was happy to see his next four year's would be with a great junior team following him out on his last year 4 years at the school. Of course he would give it his all with the other teams to come and the seniors but he felt this one had a good chance at having all of them go to college on scholarships for football. Plus going out with a team that was undefeated since starting high school was a coach's dream.

"Hey Kaito you up for going down to the Raid we got about 6 of us going. Plus Dan said some of the cheerleaders might make their way down too after they finish practicing routines." Said James the lead running back and kicker for the team. He was a big kid for only being 14 at 6ft 2 inches all ready. Most people wouldn't think he would be good at running back do to his size but he sure could run, he almost broke the record at the school for end to end sprints. The best part about him was that because he was so big once he got the ball it was all the other teams could do to stop him. At least right now since they only played junior teams and the average 14-15 year old wasn't so big.

"Nah I can't gota go to Sam's tonight and work on our science project for the science fair in a month. Told me if I didn't show up tonight I would regret it, kept talking about this major breakthrough he had happen the other day and wanted to show me. From the sounds of it all the only time you'll see of me for a while is when I'm at practice and class." Replied Kaito who was the lead Quarter-Back for the team.

Kaito was a tall young teen at 5'7" but decently built for only being 14 with very light blonde hair that was almost white at times. And strikingly blue eyes that were at times as light blue as the sky and other time as dark as the ocean based on his feelings at the time making his emotions plain to see usually. Kaito had a very angular and athletic face and would make you think he was a runner and he was he ran at least 5 kilometers a day when he got up  and then had football practice every 2 days. So he was very fit and from that he was able to be a guy that most girls would call handsome with a fit body and nice face. Most girls at the school said it gave him the look of looking at you like he was a predator and you his prey. But for some reason he hadn't really found anyone at the school he could really mesh with in his town though he had some great friends who were both guys and girls.

As James and Kaito were talking they had stopped cleaning the equipment up in the field and as their coach was leaving the field he saw that and decided to remind his quarter back of an old tradition for the team that had yet to be skipped.

"OH! Hey Kaito be sure to pick up the equipment with the line backers gotta keep that clean up tradition going boys after all it does build character, and James doesn't look like you're doing much either go give them a hand too." Coach Lennen told them with an evil glint in his eye since the line backer's had to push the sleds up a steep hill to put them away in the shed. It was one of the most dreaded parts of practice since the sleds weighed about 600lbs and there were 3 of them.

The worst part about the sleds was they were designed to help a player practice tackling or pushing and so only had 3 spots where you could really get a grip on them there was a rope that could be used to pull but most players found it easier to tackle the 3 faces together as a group of two on each one. By doing it this way and pushing together it was really only a hundred pounds each player had to push and made the job much easier. Somehow this lead to the tradition of having the quarter back and line backers working together. But mostly it was just done out of habit now for most of them however the coach liked to make sure they knew it was tradition.