PRELUDE

I.          NOTE

WARNING: this fanfiction contains the following― murder, minor and major character deaths, child abuse / parental neglect, betrayal, suicide, violence & more. please read at your own discretion.

context for the plot of the fanfiction is provided in the prologue and the first three chapters. 

i wrote this book in early 2020. there are LOTS OF GRAMMAR MISTAKES and ERRORS. i am slowly getting around to editing this fic but it takes so much time bc i find it very cringey now. please remember that i was young LMAO and i clearly didn't write very well back then.  

(currently, only 6 chapters—including the prologue—are edited.)

this fic is not NSFW and i will mute people who spam comments, rude opinions, sexual inneundos and insult any character in this fic or romanticise any of the topics discussed here. 

ALSO as this fic keeps getting more reads, i feel like i just need to be firm with this LOL because i am getting very tired of it...

pls don't spam comments.

i get that you're just reacting to things but sometimes you comment things that indirectly or directly insult the author, the original characters or even the canon characters.

this is all fictional... you know.

MUSIC AND MAYHEM.

fearful, fatherless, fucked-up and other f-words to describe this fic

Dear Dazai,

          Are we below or above God?

         Do you think He hates us? There's no humanity left in us anyway. This world went to shit long before we came and it'll stay the same well after we go. If we go. If I decide that maybe this world doesn't deserve my benevolence. Maybe I don't want to be bad anymore but does that make me good?

        I know you think like this too. I know you stay awake and think that you can solve a mystery that doesn't want to be solved. And I also know that you will try to save me, from myself, from you, from everyone. We were never born to be saved. Some people are born to be killed. Some are born to kill. But, a saviour? My, my. When did you get so hopeful?

        I wish death would save us. But I think it is just another path I can't force myself to go down. Not now. Only when the time is right that I'll find you and we can go together.

       We can meet God and tell Him ourselves that we are no longer human.

Mina

II.           SYNOPSIS

It is a well, undisputed fact that life is not fair. That much Mina Suzuki knows, reared into the criminal organisation "the Jewellers." Her life is a series of tragedies, one after another, a child soldier fractured and scrambling to stay sane as she grows distasteful about her life under her so-called "Father", the leader of the Jewellers.

When Dazai Osamu, sent alongside Chuuya Nakahara, promises the Port Mafia glory by obtaining the infamous Ability User Loot, Mina finds that she is not trapped in one place as she was always taught. And that perhaps, as her encounters with a certain suicidal maniac grow, her lack of an Ability and her auditory hallucinations are more than what she used to believe.

III.           CHARACTER MOODBOARDS

You cannot kill me...

in a way that matters

...in a way that matters

ENJOY!

060220 - 070320
finished.