Placing in the request

Whenever someone hears the name "SCP Foundation," a swarm of horrifying images and stories flood they mind. Cold-hearted scientists proforming unthinkable tests and experiments on monstrous creatures they've gathered from around the globe. Test subjects being prisoners from a specific prison this place has built. No one knows which it is, but that doesn't stop rumours from spreading.

     Harden inmates find themselves shuddering in fear or freeze up when the large, steel bus comes for collection. Being in prison for who knows how long is better then getting on that bus. Or so I've heard them say from that prison. They know that once someone gets on, they're never heard from again. It maybe true that "living" at the foundation is better than most places, but not nearly worth it when your made into a guinea pig for quack scientists. Only to be labeled as "D-class subjects" to them.

      Yet... here I am. A "quack" scientist that has worked with the kindest and sweetest SCP's the foundation has collected. Hard as it may be, there are actually SCP that are good or just a bit strange. I've even made friends with two such SCP. They are the rare pools of water in the wastelands of the desert, but I'm grateful to be working here. Despite what most have heard of this place.

      Much time has passed since I became a member of the foundation. Never in my fast days of being here did I ever think I'd climb the labber. In doing so, I've been able to make a very special request. Most SCP's have a leading or head scientist that oversees all testing and handling of them. So I had placed my request of being the "caretaker" of one of the sweetest SCP's I know. Granted there are many many others that can take that spot, but he is a personal favorite of mine.

      I requested SCP-2295; also known as "The Bear with a Heart of Patchwork." I like calling him "Patchwork," it's more simple than calling him by his numbers or his long name. But I have to call him by this SCP name when around other scientists or D-class. That and Administration don't take too caredly to scientists of any class getting personal with the SCP's.

      I do find it rather strange of myself requesting him. I took a look through his files, not many tests have been down with Patchwork and only a handful of requests for him have been made. The latest request made had been for a doctor moments before his death. It had been a miracle they got Patchwork in time as well as the doctor thinking so quickly in moment. Or few moments from what the report says.

      You'd think working here I'd pick an SCP that has more excitment going on. I'd get to watch or listen into testing in background as I'm taking notes. Yet, I picked one of the least active SCP in the foundation. Maybe it's so I don't have so much stress on my hands or deal with paperwork.

      Now, that's not to say I'm the type that loves to watch others get hurt. Or jump at the chance to see chaos happen. It's quite the opposite, actually. Even with me saying I picked the least active SCP, I couldn't be happier than being Patchwork's permit scientist. I honestly don't know how other's can handle the blood shed and absolutely fear brought on from the higher levels.

      The stories people have told and the secrets hidden within these walls. I have seen a few video tapes of experiments and tests that have gonna on. I still find myself looking over my shoulders or shouting my eyes when I hear unfamiliar noises. Luckily, my visits with SCP-999 always helps me relax and continue my work. I honestly wish the goo-ball was my pet at times. But I know others here need his help as much/more than I do.

      999 is really a sweetheart and is always happy to see a familiar face. Especially when they seem to be having a bad day. Him, along with another pair of cuties that have also called the foundation home. When I first met them, I got the holy hell scared out of me. Being the "new meat" in the foundation, I panicked and thought a breech in the facility was made. My supervisor at the time only laughed and told me we were in no danger. He then properly introduced me to SCP-131-A and 131-B, also known as the Eyepods.