One

~~~~~~~~~~~~

And he said to her, "Alphas aren't just born Q, they're made."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Unedited.

IQRA MUPATIS countered Omri's attack, landing a finishing blow to his defenseless back. He gasped, flopping to the ground.

"I almost got you this time!" Omri whined as he got up from the dusty ground. Iqra shook her head at his outburst. He won't be able to defeat her, not until horses grew wings and took for the skies.

"Your reaction time is too slow. You need to do less thinking and more doing. Your stance is nothing to write home about either. What made me make you Beta?"

Omri batted his lashes at her, green eyes twinkling. "Because you love me, obviously."

Iqra gagged. "Not in a million years."

There was no doubt that Omri was handsome. With his shaggy blonde hair, green eyes and pearly whites, he made girls swoon, but not his alpha.

"Alpha!" Iro yelled, running towards them. Iqra's eyebrows knotted in concern. Iro was her female Beta, she and Omri worked side by side. Despite her closeness to Iro, the latter never ceased to refer to her by her official title. The brunette had dazzling hazel brown eyes and was as short as her temper at times.

"The council...they....they..." Iro stuttered as she reached them. The carefree atmosphere previously surrounding Omri and Iqra grew tense with apprehension. What had the council done this time?

"Spit it out Iro," Iqra growled, her aura dense with bloodlust. Omri felt a cold chill crawl up his spine at the ferocity of her bloodlust. Iro didn't fare any better.

"They called a meeting of the top ten ranked Alphas, you included." Iro finally announced.

Omri's brows furrowed in confusion. "And this is of importance to us, how?"

The female Beta knew more than anyone how little their Alpha care about the matters relating to the council. Albeit their rank as the third most powerful pack in America, she hardly attended most of the meetings they held.

"The topic they'll be discussing is your matelessness, Alpha." If their Alpha's aura was menacing before, they didn't know what to call it now.

"Why is my mate of any importance to them?" She thundered, her voice thick with the transition. She was halfway there with her fangs piercing her lower lips.

"They believe you need your mate beside you to officially be accepted as Alpha Mupatis." Iro explained. The council always held a hidden agenda for their Alpha. But their Alpha evaded them, each and every time.

"Their acceptance means nothing to me!" Iqra yelled, but her aura thinned out, her fangs retracting. "I just need my mate's."

"Alpha..." The two Betas chorused. They needed their Luna too.

"You'll find him, I know you will." Iro reassured. Iqra smiled at the reassurance.

"I know."

Omri cleared his throat, breaking the short silence. "When's the meeting and venue?" He questioned Iro.

"In a week at Rye Hotel in Washington DC." Iro replied.

"Book a ticket Omri, we leave immediately. I need to get there early enough to figure out what those b-tards in the council are planning. " Iqra ordered.

Iqra was going to show the council that the Alpha Mupatis pack didn't need a mate to solidify her rule...she just need her fists.